When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Middle East Crises - Beginning Of Wwiii?

fitmic

Not to make this into a WAY TOO MUCH political issue.

But aren't you guys afraid the development in the middle east could be the beginning of a 3:d world war?

Syria aren't afraid of attacking Israel if the hostilities continues.

Then USA will back up Israel, and Iran will answer.

It could indeed turn into some serious business.

just my 2 cents.

Not to make this into a WAY TOO MUCH political issue.

But aren't you guys afraid the development in the middle east could be the beginning of a 3:d world war?

Syria aren't afraid of attacking Israel if the hostilities continues.

Then USA will back up Israel, and Iran will answer.

It could indeed turn into some serious business.

just my 2 cents.

Not WW III. If U.S. were to go nuclear and turn the sands of Iran and Syria into glass, and China and Russia get into the fray, then WW III. This is the same old stuff, the Isrealis can hold their own against these, they've done it before. I think the Arab world would be wise not to put the Isrealis into a box with no options, they won't allow another Holocaust. If given no choice, then the whole Middle East will glow with mushroom clouds, and oil will be $10,000.00 a barrel. I don't think anybody wants that. But all of this is way to premature and too deep of a topic for this forum. As I saw on a t-shirt in the French Quarter this weekend--"Make Levees, not War".

Don't worry about a wwIII

it's just a local affair

Why is this kinda stuff not good to discuss in the Off Topic section ?

Because in threads like this friends turn to enemies really quick. That's why.

Watch this space closely.

A lot of members have unpleasant memories of these discussions getting turning into flamefests on the old RWG board. It's not so much a question of friendship or emnity as of heavy bad vibes hanging over the forum for days after. There are a small minority of people who get carried away and say things they probably wouldn't in a face-to-face confrontation.

I rather liked the extreme combat atmosphere of the old board, but now that I've been accustomed to Admin' and the Mods excelllent stewardship, I must say that I wouldn't like to see the new RWG go down the same road as some of the threads took on the old board.

And in the end, what difference is it going to make? Other than upsetting people and displaying our own biases and loyalties it's not like we're actually going to change anything.

There are lots of other forums for those interested in endlessly debating who threw the first stone - RWG is pretty unique in that about the worst weather we get is an occasional icy or scorching blast of indignation from TTK, or some idiot with a freak post on how to bypass selling fees.

RWG has become a shelter from the storm, and I'm starting to like it that way....

My two cents, obviously...

A perfect example of the mindless crap that threads like this become.

As much as I like Dani - when he's not talking politics - [censored] like this does no credit either to him or to the forum.

If we have to read more of the same, I'd rather see the thread locked down right now.

:animal_rooster:

:close_tema:

:harp:

A perfect example of the mindless crap that threads like this become.

As much as I like Dani - when he's not talking politics - shit like this does no credit either to him or to the forum.

If we have to read more of the same, I'd rather see the thread locked down right now.

Thank you ryy you said it for me.

Guy's it's topic's like these that can divide a board, remembering that we do indeed have middle Eastern members, there will be some very strong opinions given by those in harms way then you will get people half a world away giving their professional opinion from the comfort of their lounge rooms and it will just get bigger and bigger.

So let's just say Admin will keep an eye on this and close it if we have too, members who break our boards rules will also be dealt with.

Ken

Thank you ryy you said it for me.

Guy's it's topic's like these that can divide a board, remembering that we do indeed have middle Eastern members, there will be some very strong opinions given by those in harms way then you will get people half a world away giving their proffessional opinion from the comfort of their lounge rooms and it will just get bigger and bigger.

So let's just say Admin will keep an eye on this and close it if we have too, members who break our boards rules will also be dealt with.

Ken

:group:

I saw an interesting bumper sticker the other day. It was on a pickup truck that also had the Marine and Semper Fi logos. The bumper sticker read:

All we are saying, is give war a chance.

JK's take: People have short memories.

I don't think we are at the edge of apocalypse. But I do wish politicians and military leaders would make wiser, more nuanced decisions. Whatever they decide, regular people are left to live with the consequences.

It has less to do with politics than with physics (as the masterset of politics and everything else), but my feeling is that at any given moment, we're about one nanometre away from the apocalypse.

Such a delicate balance....

By the way, for those interested in seeing how bad it can get, just follow the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/rnr/

Just out of curiosity - and because I consider this one to be more or less of an absolute - if anyone knows of a forum they consider even badder, I'd be curious to see it. Rather than polluting our own, feel free to send the link to me by PM....

I hope people don't start buying in to this WW III Talking point that's being pumped out of the right wing bung hole. The other night Jon Stewart had a scary little montage the of all the usual suspects--Coulter, Novack, O'reilly, various FOX heads, etc saying the words World War Three--whenever you get that kind of repetition, you're listening to a concerted PR op. But why? Why would the Administration and their pals want people to wonder if Armegeddon is just around the corner? Easy. November 2006. Getting out the right wing vote. They're afraid even the dimmest wingnuts what the rest of us figured out a long time ago and won't be able to tear themselves away from Dr. Phil to go vote on election day. But not if it's WW III! See, the last thing we want to do going into WW III is have anyone other than [censored] Cheney with an iron grip on power! And don't forget: Jaysus ain't coming back until WW III gets going. So if you want to make sure you get the express train to paradise, you better do your part to make sure WW III really happens. Now get out there and vote WW III! Vote Republican!

I hope people don't start buying in to this WW III Talking point that's being pumped out of the right wing bung hole. The other night Jon Stewart had a scary little montage the of all the usual suspects--Coulter, Novack, O'reilly, various FOX heads, etc saying the words World War Three--whenever you get that kind of repetition, you're listening to a concerted PR op. But why? Why would the Administration and their pals want people to wonder if Armegeddon is just around the corner? Easy. November 2006. Getting out the right wing vote. They're afraid even the dimmest wingnuts what the rest of us figured out a long time ago and won't be able to tear themselves away from Dr. Phil to go vote on election day. But not if it's WW III! See, the last thing we want to do going into WW III is have anyone other than [censored] Cheney with an iron grip on power! And don't forget: Jaysus ain't coming back until WW III gets going. So if you want to make sure you get the express train to paradise, you better do your part to make sure WW III really happens. Now get out there and vote WW III! Vote Republican!

That's the exact kind of crap that starts things up. That's why a said this was not the forum for it, it gets peoples emotions going, and guys who were once cordial are now at each others throats. Good going, Blame the Republicans of war and fear mongering. You know that is going to elicit a response from someone who is going to say "is it better to stick our heads in the sand like the Democrats and hope it all just goes away", and the downward spiral we go. It's like the thread where the guy took his photo of his watch and his pistol. That turned into a diatribe of Gun Control, name calling, and [censored] off people. No WW III is not going to happen, and if so, none of us will be around to give a damn anyway. Enjoy life while we still got it!