When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to get a grade AAA Omega 2254.50?

cougaree

As above.

I will tell you this though, unfortunately the old school rep as it's called around here isn't made anymore - this was the best version I have seen. The new 2254's are ok, but not upto the replica standards we are used to now. If you like the 2254, I would recommend the Planet Ocean replica which is very good - search for UPO.

Thank you for the welcome!

Sorry about my ignorance, I thought the reps are graded as A, AA or AAA. What I wanted was the best reps for 2254.50

I had one but I lost it :(

UPO would be nice but sometimes it seems to me that the hour and minute hands disappear against the dark background when the watch is at a certain angle whereas 2254.50 the hands are more visible.

Is the better UPO mentioned in the previous thread 45mm or?

Thanks again!

Sorry about my ignorance, I thought the reps are graded as A, AA or AAA. What I wanted was the best reps for 2254.50

UPO would be nice but sometimes it seems to me that the hour and minute hands disappear against the dark background when the watch is at a certain angle whereas 2254.50 the hands are more visible.

Thanks again!

I never had this problem with mine, I found the Planet Ocean to be one of the most readable watches I've had.

Don't worry about the AA+ thing, it's just a little bit of good natured leg pulling, all the people here are good guys, we've all started off where you were at one stage or another :)

Yes the UPO is 45mm, unfortunately the best 42mm version doesn't seem to be made anymore, but the UPO outshines that watch anyway. The UPO can be picked up for around 200USD if you shop in the right sections, I wouldn't be swayed by the Swiss movement claims, quite a few come with an asian clone (which seems to be quite a good movement) If you really want Swiss though, buy from someone who will ensure they will check the movement is Swiss, and then have it checked by a watchsmoth independantly your end.

I really hope they make a good 2254 and 2531 at some point, they would sell like hot cakes!

Welcome to RWG.

No such things exist: AAAA....only shit shit shit exist (or ScamScamScam+++).

AAAA and ++++ are usualy used by Scam Sites that are selling shit for three time the value of it.

As other say: search RWG and make yourself an opinion on where to go.

Read a lot and you'll have all the answers to your questions including the ones you do not even think about now ;)

You'll find scam dealers list and also trusted dealers which we all buy from for years now.

Avoid the internet spam & scam, and trust the forum :D .

Thanks again!

Dont even worry about it bud. We all were in your shoes at one point. Just poking fun because we all remember what it was like with B, AA, AA++ AAAA+A+A+

Haha. Welcome to RWG. The watch you want is the Ultimate Planet Ocean. It is the 45.5mm version.

Best of luck and welcome!

The usual advice is to read read read and it's almost always good advice. Also you're not likely to go too far wrong looking at the recommended dealers from this forum. Stay away from sellers who claim that there are grades to replicas, who inflate the jewel count for Swiss movements (i.e. claim a 27 jewel eta 28.24 or 31 jewel eta 2892) or claim that their watches cannot be distinguished from gens even by experts. And for sure look at the list that fakemaster linked in this thread and stay as far away as possible from anyone on that list! If you stick with a reputable dealer, you usually get what you pay for. The UPO does present a good, more prestigious, alternative to the SMP.

Thank you guys! I really appreciate all the comments. It's definitely great to be here! I feel very welcomed.

Read read read is certainly a great advise. I will have to do that to build my knowledge!

It really sucks that the good SMP no longer being made :( Can someone recommend me a dealer I should go to for a good quality UPO?

Thanks! :)

Andrew (trustytime) generally has an excellent reputation. Although I've never bought from him, there are many long time members who consider him to be their "go to" guy. So far as the SMP is concerned, the best versions no longer seem to be available. It's probably that the UPO chased them from the market. Having said that, this one looks like a pretty good $108 watch to me. The problems with it have been descirbed in another thread on the forum. I have a gen SMP and it's probably my most frequently worn watch so I am undoutedly biased. Having admited my bias, my advice is if you like this one, go for it.

Andrew (trustytime) generally has an excellent reputation. Although I've never bought from him, there are many long time members who consider him to be their "go to" guy. So far as the SMP is concerned, the best versions no longer seem to be available. It's probably that the UPO chased them from the market. Having said that, this one looks like a pretty good $108 watch to me. The problems with it have been descirbed in another thread on the forum. I have a gen SMP and it's probably my most frequently worn watch so I am undoutedly biased. Having admited my bias, my advice is if you like this one, go for it.

Thanks Teddy Boy! I have several gens also. The 2254.50 I use to have was a rep however. The difference I could see at the time I had it, was that the rep was slightly thicker, the pearl stuck out and no serial number engraved on the lug. Perhaps the crown was also a tiny bit shorter. I hope this watch from Andrew delivers at least the same as what I had before if not more. I have not made an order from Andrew yet. I'm hoping to wait until the other guy can post some sort of review on this watch first, as he posted a msg not so long ago about buying this watch.

Thanks Teddy Boy! I have several gens also. The 2254.50 I use to have was a rep however. The difference I could see at the time I had it, was that the rep was slightly thicker, the pearl stuck out and no serial number engraved on the lug. Perhaps the crown was also a tiny bit shorter. I hope this watch from Andrew delivers at least the same as what I had before if not more. I have not made an order from Andrew yet. I'm hoping to wait until the other guy can post some sort of review on this watch first, as he posted a msg not so long ago about buying this watch.

This is a good read: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=426

Hope this helps. Enjoy!!

This is a good read: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=426

Hope this helps. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the suggestion! It was indeed a good read.

I think I am beginning liking UPO now... :) It's really a popular favorite. The more I read, I begin to also draw interests on Breitling Superocean and Superocean Heritage reps (I guess that more you know... may not be a good thing for the pocket book:). The weight and thickness is not an issue to me as I have watches with various sizes (from CWC W10 mechanical to Marathon JSAR). I know they all have flaws one way or the other, but which one is the better rep (case, dial, finish wise)? Besides lume and AR factors.

Thanks again!

Go for a uPO, check the trade section as you have more chance of getting one with a genuine ETA movement ( If so desired, although the Asian movements aren't bad either ) Also if you're willing to pay extra you may get a modded one although they rarely come up for sale. :)

:)

Thanks! I just ordered an UPO from Trusty, with white letters and black rubber strap! Can't wait for its arrival! I also bought a Breitling SOSF with double AR, can't wait for that one neither. I think I'm set for a while (as purchasing watches) with only minor watch moding work left to do.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the UPO I ordered. Now I know where the "AAA" come from.

DSCN2219.jpg

:D:D:D

Mine got some serious problems. The dial text is not printed right (not just the logo). It seems like the text is more bulkier at the beginning of the word then ones at the end of the word. It's like this: PROFESSIONAL CO-AXIAL CHRONOMETER 600m/2000ft

The pearl does seem to look like everybody else's neither.

DSCN2230.jpg

Any thoughts on these? Is mine a flawed one in the batch?

Thanks!

CougarEE