When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Experts.... Gen GMT II purchase advice?

mwee

I really need the advice of Rolex experts. I have been offered a BNIB Rolex GMT II SS from my AD. Comes with all boxes and papers and price is around $7200. My main concern is this. If I do not keep it, will I be able to sell it and recoup my outlay? I am asking because I have bought a GMT II 2 tone before last year. Sold it as I could not take the 2 tone. Been getting interested in Rolexes recently and I want to give this a try so need opinions and advice. Need to make a decision within the next few days so would really appreciate any input.

Thanks

Mark

Seems to me that $7200 is about full retail. It doesn't sound to me like they are doing you any favors. That price is NOT what I would call a great deal for that watch when you can find them on TZ and the like for around 6K all of the time these days. TZ is also a good reference for what you might expect to get for your watch if you were to decide to sell it. There is a search engine called "elite deal seeker". They pull sales listings from numerous watch forums. I suggest you look there first as part of your research.

Cheers.

Way too much $$ for that watch imho.

example:

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tre...69249&rid=0

or a new tutone for a few bucks more

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tre...69931&rid=0

Hey,

Nice prices!

Just strange when the Deep Sea Dweller is only around $8100! What's the price over in the US or Europe? My AD says the Deep Sea price has dropeed but the GMTII is still the same. Interesting thing is, the SS steel version is always more popular!