When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111 - Running loud

skyline

Hi All,

I recently made my first rep purchase - a PAM 111. I've had it for a few days now, and it looks and feels great. Time has been kept well (provided that I remember to wind it).

I do notice that it's running a bit loud (like you can hear the watch work). Does anyone else have this problem with their reps?

Thanks!

It has been a long time since I owned my 005 (very similar to the 111) and I remember you could here it ticking away at night. Not like a mantlepiece clock, but it was the loudest of all the watches I have ever owned. If it keeps you awake at night though, I would recommend getting it looked at by a watchsmith just to get it okayed, or get some good ear plugs :)

Hi All,

I recently made my first rep purchase - a PAM 111. I've had it for a few days now, and it looks and feels great. Time has been kept well (provided that I remember to wind it).

I do notice that it's running a bit loud (like you can hear the watch work). Does anyone else have this problem with their reps?

Thanks!

Hey my friend, I have a PAM177. Also that one was very loud. WAS> Until i got it serviced completely. after that no more loudness. And another one which i bought for someone else... also loud just out of the box. Servicing is the best. And this movement is very cheap to service. less than

It depends greatly on how loose or tight the caseback is screwed on, as well as the caseback material and it's thickness. The 111H with a mineral glass caseback will emit louder tick sounds compared with the one with sapphire, similar could be said for the front glass.

Also, thinner solid casebacks like DSN ones, will make mov't ticking sound appear louder than standard rep ones, for example.

That's what I learned from my personal experience with Pam reps, views of others may differ.

babola