When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next RWG Project: Hand Sets for Angelus 240 & Cortebert 616

t

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just bought a Bergeon 30464 hand gauge, and the measurements for the Angelus are correct (80/155) - but the Cortebert has me confused. I've measured 108/185, however the only hands I have are 105/190 - these hands seem to fit ok, but I would rather check some Cortebert 616 pocket watch hands if anybody can lend me a set. The Molnija 3602 is also 105/190 - and the WatchMaster 3646 hands that I have (supposedly created from an original Radiomir) are 18mm and 14mm in length - I can't say if this is 100% accurate to the original, but if you would like me to have a look, I can take the measurements from a number of reference photos using known dimensions (case diameter at 47mm will be the easiest reference point).

@R.

i will send the factory an cortebert movement as sample... this is the savest way

but i need the lenght... please be sure and let me know within the next 2 weeks.

Also we should have an agreement for the Design... which Design? I can produce one design only for the Cortebert. A picture would be good.

Also we should have an agreement for the Design... which Design? I can produce one design only for the Cortebert. A picture would be good.

my vote goes to hands nr.13 from the Ross overview of Cortebert&Angelus hands design...

my 2nd option are the hands from nr.15

thanks again for the effort put until now into this project with all the great info and data

Here are the two different hand styles - critisism welcome! I can't establish accurate measurements from the images that I have - maybe someone with Volker's book / good high-res images will get a better idea of size? We're looking for total length, width, size of the 'surround' around the tube, size of lume cutout etc.

hands-1.jpg

I would go for the long point as well...

I have one big pic (4MB), it's a high resolution pic of a Vinty with those hands (I can drop it to the e-mail address to one of you) :

here is a cut of the hands part...

f_closeupcortm_9b2491d.jpg

here is a nice pic where the hour hand is clearly seen :

f_006DSC3379sm_f443465.jpg

Edited by dadog13

I would go for the long point as well...

I have one big pic (4MB), it's a high resolution pic of a Vinty wih those hands (I can drop it to the e-mail address to one of you)

V,

That would be useful - if you send it to my email, I'll try to work out what dimensions they are! It would be useful if the image has a point of reference (ie. both sides of the case - but if it doesn't, I should be able to work out what size the inner bezel diameter is based on the model (6152 would be 40.2mm, I guess.)

here is a cut of the hands part...

f_closeupcortm_9b2491d.jpg

The point on the second hand in the picture appears to be much longer than some of the other images I've been referring to. I think this it serves the purpose of getting accurate measurements (13.5mm total length for hour hand, 18.7 for minute), but the it'd be good to get some feedback on the style before proceeding.

T - do you need a full set of measurements, or are you planning on using a good reference image and overall dimensions (length, width) and getting the manufacturer to create the drawings based on their experience? If anybody has a more accurate way of measuring / drawing, then please say so - all I'll do is create a very basic 2D vector illustration with any required measurements / angles.

I prefer the short point. Looks better that hour and minute hands are different width, but I guess I'm in minority on this

I prefer the short, but the elongated are completely unavailable elsewhere - I guess the short point can be modded from a Unitas if we're really desperate!

V's picture shows a bevelled centre on the minute hand - does anybody know if this is a one-off, or a feature on all of them? I've never noticed it before!

V's picture shows a bevelled centre on the minute hand - does anybody know if this is a one-off, or a feature on all of them? I've never noticed it before!

R!

my pic is from an auction site, don't remember which one but it was from one of the estimeed ones...so it is a gen piece...I will go through my pics to see if there are some better pics...in the meantime I will send you a PM with a useful link...

this pictures would be good enough if i send it combined with an 616 movement.

We could make drawings too... our friend from Australia (who made the drawing for T-crowns) would help us out.

But i am a little bit afraid about the hole size of the hands... probably it would better to send an movement as sample.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...