When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which way?

bvc

Hi Guys,

Is it better to keep my unworn watches with the crown pulled out to keep power reserve up. So i just adjust the date and time when i wear a new one and its ready to go. (i currently do this)

or should i let it rund down? and power it up when i wear it.

I ask cause i went to an a/d today to try on my next purchases, big pilot and the v3 dssd asked about storage. (gave it large and said i have serveral watches and i pull out the crown to keep the reserve up)(and no i didnt wear a rep when i went in :rolleyes: )and he went nuts. should never leave the crown open as you can damage the movement!! dust/dirt and flies!!! honest he said fly's. wtf!!

so anyway any advice?

peace and love, peace and love....

BVC.

I mean....considering you have to set the date/time either way is there really that much harm in giving it a few gentle shakes or 5-10 slow turns when you let it run down? I guess if you dropped it and pegged the stem or something you could damage that and I suppose in practice it's a good idea to keep a crown screwed in for the reasons the AD mentioned but I'll wait for an expert to comment based on their experience...

I mean....considering you have to set the date/time either way is there really that much harm in giving it a few gentle shakes or 5-10 slow turns when you let it run down? I guess if you dropped it and pegged the stem or something you could damage that and I suppose in practice it's a good idea to keep a crown screwed in for the reasons the AD mentioned but I'll wait for an expert to comment based on their experience...

I see what your sayin, thanks for your comments, I just found that a few swirls sometimes does not charge the watch enough from flat. Or I get it going and an hour later it has stopped.

ps I fell in love with your 6.75. Wish I had the