When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Bezel - Gen vs. Rep?

tokei

Hi Everyone - I've been considering the Daytona Rep (despite the hesitance with the movement - even with the supposedly improved version). In doing my homework, I noted a difference in one version of the bezel inserts; however, my search did not turn anything up regarding this (please do point me in the right direction if the subject has already been discussed, apologies!).

In comparing the rep/gen bezel of the Pro-Hunter Daytona Blk/Wht, is the bezel insert spacing off on these Daytonas? I've attached both the Gen and Rep photos I have. The rep is the one with the full on face (not at an angle).

From my observation, looks like the following line up:

12 o'clock = 60

3 o'clock = "Units Per Hour" Text

6 o'clock = 120

9 o'clock = 80

However, even though all these line up on the Rep (just like the Gen photo), it does not line up for 1 o'clock=55 and 2 o'clock=50 on the rep. So, is this the case for all Daytona reps out there or is there a more accurate bezel insert? Is the other style bezel preferred (red ProHunter Daytona).

More importantly, though, I've also noticed this "spacing issue" on some "Gen" 6263's offered on the Bay. Would this suggest that, at the very least, parts on the watch may not be Gen? Daytona and 6263 Experts - let me know what you guys think.

Well - it's not exactly stock Gen...since it is a Pro Hunter...so something like a modified Gen. Anyways, your watches (Gen and Rep) look great! I may just decide to get one with the "units per hour" at 1 o'clock version (non Pro Hunter).

If you look at the photos (not the red text ProHunter), the "Unit per hour" is located at the 3 o'clock position when "60" is aligned with 12 o'clock. Anyone have any information on this one?

Thanks, Godzilla for the comparo!

Well - it's not exactly stock Gen...since it is a Pro Hunter...so something like a modified Gen. Anyways, your watches (Gen and Rep) look great! I may just decide to get one with the "units per hour" at 1 o'clock version (non Pro Hunter).

If you look at the photos (not the red text ProHunter), the "Unit per hour" is located at the 3 o'clock position when "60" is aligned with 12 o'clock. Anyone have any information on this one?

Thanks, Godzilla for the comparo!

I recall that the Pro-Hunter Daytonas have a rotating bezel.

I had some photos posted in here, but I can't find them. There appears that Bamford & Sons offers all different type of bezels. one is the vintage Daytona 6265 '200' Bezel, the other one is more common '400' bezel

pro-hunter-rolex-02.jpg

BTW John Mayer seems to have a Bamford & Sons PVD Milgauss

jenniferaniston_502.jpgDSCN2144FORUM.jpg

Ahh, thank you...I didn't realize that there was another company "customizing" rolexes (learning something new everyday!). Also...names to the different bezels either 200 or 400 type.

Are those photos of gen ProHunters? If so, then the white text markings are the same as the Rep I posted...can someone confirm that a gen rotating bezel is like this (i.e. 55 lines up with 2 o'clock when 60 is lined up at 12 o'clock)? Well, if there isnt much response, then I guess that's also an answer in itself...

Didnt think I would...but I kinda like these blacked out PVD Rollies. Anyone else have these? Impressions?

I really have no idea... the reason why I was kind of paying attention to those Pro Hunters rollies is that a friend of mine was on the list for a pro-hunter sub, I thnk.. but eventually we persuaded him to go for a double-named Cartier GMT 1675.

I think one of the PVD daytona was sold in Tokyo at $60,000 US ( I can't really remember exactly how much it was sold).

If you can pull off one of these babies, more power to you, bro.