When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

where do you wear your watch?

yachtmaster1027

couldnt find a topic on this...im curious where do you wear your watch? i keep it high on the wrist because i worry about too much tension on the ELs/springbars when i bend and move my hand over the course of the day. i also think this is a more conservative look...however it is sometimes difficult to negotiate with the shirtcuff...i suppose the divers extension could come in use (for once) here but that would just be silly now wouldnt it...some colleagues wear their watches real "baggy" and it sorta hangs on the wrist...i suppose it looks good when the watch sags from under your cuff but sometimes it looks sloppy

where/how do you think the watch should sit on the wrist?

Edited by yachtmaster1027

I remember an old thread along similar lines where one of the members (can't remember who) was attempting to set a new trend of wearing the watch on top of the shirt/sweater?

We all had a good laugh at that one.

JTB

I've seen a few examples of people doing that, and with business suits, it looks pretty silly :D I will wear a watch on top of a pair of ski-gloves, but it is still covered by the sleeve of the jacket I'm wearing :D

I normally wear my watches low on my wrist, but I don't wear them tight, so if my hand does flex back, the watch just moves with my hand :) That said, I don't wear a watch so loose that it can actually rotate around my wrist. I can just about get my index finger under the bracelet of my watch, and can just about force it around my wrist if I had to, but it certainly wouldn't 'slop round' of it's own accord :D