When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2892-A2 movement

vlydog

2892-A2 is thinner than the 2824-2. (0.30mm thinner on the dial side if measuring center stem to top of mainplate)

You would need a spacer between the dial and movement in order to align the stem. Also, you would need to replace the date disc. The 2824-2 and 2892-A2 discs sit flush in the mainplate. So if you use a 2892-A2, the date disc would be 0.30mm away from the date window and look funny. You would need to find a 2834-2 disc as that disc sits up in the movement. (0.20mm taller than the flat disc in a 2824-2/2892-A2)

Also, the 2892-A2 is slightly larger in diameter than the 2824-2. (0.02mm) So depending on how tight the movement holder is, it may not fit with the existing holder.

Good news is, the dial feet are in the same location. But bad news is, you may have to swap the CP, HW in order to compensate for the 0.30mm spacer. You would probably only have to go up one hand fitting height to H.2.

I am by no means an expert. However, I was under the impression that the 2531.80 uses an omega 1120 movement. The omega 1120 is built on the 2892 ebauche.

Yes... 1120 mov is 90% an ETA 2892/A2 with new rotor, +2 jewels, some paint, rhodium plating, etc. Unless I'm mistaken, stem must fit 100% if the rep case is like the gen, which probably not.

2892-A2 is thinner than the 2824-2. (0.30mm thinner on the dial side if measuring center stem to top of mainplate)

You would need a spacer between the dial and movement in order to align the stem. Also, you would need to replace the date disc. The 2824-2 and 2892-A2 discs sit flush in the mainplate. So if you use a 2892-A2, the date disc would be 0.30mm away from the date window and look funny. You would need to find a 2834-2 disc as that disc sits up in the movement. (0.20mm taller than the flat disc in a 2824-2/2892-A2)

Also, the 2892-A2 is slightly larger in diameter than the 2824-2. (0.02mm) So depending on how tight the movement holder is, it may not fit with the existing holder.

Good news is, the dial feet are in the same location. But bad news is, you may have to swap the CP, HW in order to compensate for the 0.30mm spacer. You would probably only have to go up one hand fitting height to H.2.

Damn - that is good info.

Wow

• 2 weeks later...
If you use a spacer between dial and movement, you will risk not being able to set the hands on the pinion properly. However, if you use a spacer between dial and case, like i did in my quartz SMP franken, then its not too bad.

Hope this helps.

Yes, definitely the easier option so you don't have to worry about swapping parts! And it is only 0.30mm, so you wouldn't really notice it.