When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Somone from Italy

Limestone

• 7 months later...

Follow up question...

For some reasons (personal/family) the trip never took place this spring..

The summer is almost gone, so now we´re looking at flying down to Rome in the upcomming fall..

So my question is to you Italian guys... how long is the "season" (don´t know if that´s the right way to put it)?

How long in to the year is it OK to visit Rome, thinkinh about the weather?

As I type this I see that it´s 32 degrees Celcius in Rome... nice....

How long can one expect this nice weather.

Thanks..

// in hope of flying south soon..

Henrik_6:

I will be in Roma Sept. 4 - 10th but I'm from Hawaii. (Anybody there at that time, drinks on me!) Rome's good anytime, but the high season, at least for hotel rates is concerned is considered through September. That would coincide with the temperatures. It should still be plenty warm through September, starting to cool down in October but only to sweater weather in the evening. I read that you will start to get some rain in November. Remember, you are in southern Italia so it will be warmer than say, Florence. Now to hopefully hear from the Rome members.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Henrik, I used to live in Italy. I lived and studied in Perugia for about a year (about 2.5 hours north of rome). I frequented rome often and can tell you that you can't go wrong with that city! It's hard to stay off the "beaten path" there since everything is so damn historical.

You HAVE to get pizza at this restaurant called Montecarlo. It's great.. and the atmosphere is really relaxed and a great mix of people

For dinner I reccomend a great restaurant called "Met". The prices aren't cheap, but not expensive either. Look to pay between 15 and 25euros per main dish. It's really great and they have an awesome open air patio that just begs to be eaten on!

(make sure never to tip more than a 2-5 euros no matter how much the bill!(i.e.3-5%!!!) )

Not sure how long you will be there.. but I would HIGHLY reccomend a day trip to Spoleto or if you can hack it possibly spending a night in Perugia. The small town feel in italy is a completely different life in comparison to the busy and bustle of Rome. Send me a message if you have any more questions about anything.

• 2 weeks later...