When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My hat's off to Ziggy

szvwj

I know it's been said many times, but I just have to say what a terrific resource (and inspiration) The Zigmeister is.

The Zigmeister, you've inspired me to work on my own watches (I know, you're probably cringing), a hobby I can certainly see getting into (especially being a Mechanical Packaging Engineer by profession).

I just got done re-assembling an A7750. I took it apart further than I ever have before. It turns out that I'll have to take it apart again (surprise), but in the process, I gained a whole new respect for The Zigmeister. I don't know how you do it, but my hat's off to you and thank you for the inspiration and contributions you've made to this forum.

Now, where do all these extra screws go? ;)

I know it's been said many times, but I just have to say what a terrific resource (and inspiration) The Zigmeister is.

The Zigmeister, you've inspired me to work on my own watches (I know, you're probably cringing), a hobby I can certainly see getting into (especially being a Mechanical Packaging Engineer by profession).

I just got done re-assembling an A7750. I took it apart further than I ever have before. It turns out that I'll have to take it apart again (surprise), but in the process, I gained a whole new respect for The Zigmeister. I don't know how you do it, but my hat's off to you and thank you for the inspiration and contributions you've made to this forum.

:good: and congrats on having the courage to start working on movements! Have you done the TZ course yet?

As I used to say in the Air Force, "...anyone can make it work with ALL the parts..." :)

I am happy to hear your trying out the servicing, great way to increase your overall knowledge and skill, and of course save money in the long run. After a while it will be second nature to you. Then you get into games (with yourself of course since this is a lonely hobby) and turn on your bench timer, and see how quickly you can take a 7750 down to all it's parts and pieces...my best time so far - 7 minutes.

A great guide is to use the ETA datasheets, and number each piece according to the assembly order in the box on the page, then use that sheet as a guide as you go along. After a while you memorize everything and it's no needed, but it's a great help and confidance builder.

Keep learning, and I want to know your teardown time.

RG

How does he do it?

"...............in the Air Force, "

lol, I was going to say myself; After you take on the responsibility of ensuring the safe execution of the mission with regard to pilot's lives, the greater glory of the flag, and allied NATO air supremacy, "wristwatches" are a walk in the sun.

Or, as that other guy said on RWG1; If you think it a good piece of mind wearing your A7750 after a return to service from RG, what do think it does to the 'pucker factor' knowing the same guy signed off your F/18 as you approach the air tanker?

"Done right" is "Done right". I bet he makes a good cup of coffee too. -_-

I think that the 6497-1 movement is a good movement to start working on.

My first experience was pretty good although I had 2 little problems. The first one was the missing winding pinion (have no idea where it went) and the second one was that I broke the head off of the crown wheel screw. I didn

How does he do it?

lol, I was going to say myself; After you take on the responsibility of ensuring the safe execution of the mission with regard to pilot's lives, the greater glory of the flag, and allied NATO air supremacy, "wristwatches" are a walk in the sun.

Or, as that other guy said on RWG1; If you think it a good piece of mind wearing your A7750 after a return to service from RG, what do think it does to the 'pucker factor' knowing the same guy signed off your F/18 as you approach the air tanker?

"Done right" is "Done right". I bet he makes a good cup of coffee too. -_-

Thanks Dems...

I never quite thought of it from that angle. Coffee and Tea are both quite good :)

RG

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what I did wrong putting this watch back together (this is insane, I should be asleep right now!).

If it wasn't for the ETA data sheets, I NEVER would have been able to put it back together. I'd like to thank whoever originally posted that information.

I think I'd like to try the TZ course, I'm going to look into it. I have such a long way to go. It would be so fulfilling to be able to take a movement apart, clean it and put it back together (correctly and lubricated)... oh that would be a nice feeling.

I think in 7 minutes I can take the caseback off. I might be able to get it down to 5 :p

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what I did wrong putting this watch back together (this is insane, I should be asleep right now!).

If it wasn't for the ETA data sheets, I NEVER would have been able to put it back together. I'd like to thank whoever originally posted that information.

I think I'd like to try the TZ course, I'm going to look into it. I have such a long way to go. It would be so fulfilling to be able to take a movement apart, clean it and put it back together (correctly and lubricated)... oh that would be a nice feeling.

I think in 7 minutes I can take the caseback off. I might be able to get it down to 5 :p

I know how frustrating it is. I always start a project as soon as the kids are in bed and work until I can

I can put a movement together in <30 seconds.

a) Put all the pieces into the smallest plastic bag you have.

B) Place the bag on a hard surface like concrete or an anvil.

c) Heft a 10lb sledge hammer...

d) I think you get the idea by now lol

The only problem is it will be difficult to service in the futre, and it won't be very accurate but boy will it be together.