When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Ingy vintage

FxrAndy

I just tried this on in my local AD, and it is a lot larger than it looks on the photos.

23781.jpg

I must say it is very nice to wear, just the right size for todays fasions and very elegant!

if you are passong and AD stop and try one on!

I know what you are saying Ben, it is nice to turn it over and look how the pelaton winding system works, i am sure that the people that buy this wont have to worry about magnatism that much.

A question as a side note where would we find these days magnetic fields that would disturb the running of a mechanical watch??

Maybe working as a roady at a rock concert? Seriosly think of the size and power in the magnets in the speakers!

I know what you are saying Ben, it is nice to turn it over and look how the pelaton winding system works, i am sure that the people that buy this wont have to worry about magnatism that much.

A question as a side note where would we find these days magnetic fields that would disturb the running of a mechanical watch??

Maybe working as a roady at a rock concert? Seriosly think of the size and power in the magnets in the speakers!

Well you might be right, not that much danger of magnetism in most areas. But it is the history of the Ingenieur, for what it was created. A watch that claims to be an homage to the historical Ingenieur should at least try to match up with its roots, or am I wrong here? :D

Still frickin beautiful design, but I'd rather buy an authentic vintage Ingenieur for 6 grands.

i agree, if you are paying homage to the original Ingy, at least keep hold of the soul that fuelled what the Ingy stood for: Anti-Magnetism.

But see IWC know that nobody buys a multiple grand watch to protect themselves from powerful magnets, so they stick to attracting people attracted to the looks of the watch rather than just purely for what it stands for. which is a shame, but IWC know how to make watches in such a way that you won't think negatively of them. I mean i'd get that Ingy any time and I hope it gets rep'd soon because it doesn't seem hard to.

:)

• 2 months later...
I just tried this on in my local AD, and it is a lot larger than it looks on the photos.

23781.jpg

I must say it is very nice to wear, just the right size for todays fasions and very elegant!

if you are passong and AD stop and try one on!

Exactly the rep I'm looking for!!!