When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FrankenJust Questions!

Surgeonpark

I'm looking for information on how to find the parts needed for a frakenjust and how to put one together.

Also, if possible, I am looking for someone to make me a frakenjust - I will pay for all the parts and whatever labor fees you want to charge me. Let me know if anyone is up for this.

I'm interested in an all stainless steel config with either a black,silver, or white dial with stick or roman numerals. I would like the case and dial to be gen while the band and movement can just be rep quality.

Please let me know asap if you are able to do this. thanks!

I'm looking for information on how to find the parts needed for a frakenjust and how to put one together.

Also, if possible, I am looking for someone to make me a frakenjust - I will pay for all the parts and whatever labor fees you want to charge me. Let me know if anyone is up for this.

I'm interested in an all stainless steel config with either a black,silver, or white dial with stick or roman numerals. I would like the case and dial to be gen while the band and movement can just be rep quality.

Please let me know asap if you are able to do this. thanks!

Are you prepared to pay upfront? How much are you prepared to spend? What country are you in? Will you deal with somebody in another country? If so who assumes customs risk? It is important to clarify what you expect. There are many good people on this forum who can do it for you.

Are you prepared to pay upfront? How much are you prepared to spend? What country are you in? Will you deal with somebody in another country? If so who assumes customs risk? It is important to clarify what you expect. There are many good people on this forum who can do it for you.

Well said...

Actually you can build a Frankenjust with a 2836-2. It just needs to be a 16013, 16014 or a 16030. These are the cases from the middle 80's with the 3035 movt. and plastic crystal.

Here's one from a seller in Hong Kong:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

You pick up the 'Tudor' hands which fit an ETA from Clark's watch supply on ebay, and a 24-602-0 crown and you're about good to go- oh, a datewheel overlay from www.cubic-works.com over in Hong Kong. You probably won't be able to get the correct datewheel font with the open 6's and 9's, but the Rolex overlay for the modern watches will work just the same and most people won't know the difference.

Old DJ cases might take 2836 (160xx); newest cases (162xx) take 2824. In both cases, a 2892 is much better because of being thinner, and admitting more clearance between dial and movement for DW installation. In all cases, movement ring is necessary to ensure stem alignment to case hole. Check in the forum for movement rings and datewheels. And prepare to spend between 800 to 1000 USD for building a franken depending on how much you have to handover to a professional and where you source parts from apart of how much gen parts of the DJ you want to install. A gen bracelet might increase price significantly.

About 2 years ago, it cost me about $700US each for the two frankenjusts I built, and that was with using a rep bracelet instead of a gen bracelet. Also, most Rolex dials have hour markers that are taller than the rep ones, so unless you intend to use a roman numeral dial (which I beleive the hour markers are thinner), or one of those uber-cool looking all black onyx dials that have no marker hours, be prepared to have the hour and minute posts changed out for taller ones. I actually bent up slightly on the hands for mine so they would clear the dial, but that is really not the right way to do it. It was fine for me since I was building them for myself. Good luck with your project.

Cheers B)