When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel chronos - quartz, baby!

hackR

Inspired by Deltick's "Ebel addiction" thread:

After much thought and countless looks at the various options, i ordered 2 Ebels today...yes, 2!...how could i not?!...for $100usd, i got both thru cqout...a trusted dealer...

1) TT: SS case w/RG bezel, RG markers/hands/crowns/pushers/etc with a white dial...burgundy/red standard rep moo-croc strap...i haven't seen this model anywhere else...this watch is a great blend of classy and sporty...

post-16947-1232420346_thumb.jpg

2) SS: black dial, black bezel, red hands...stainless steel bracelet...notice the rubber ends on this model's crowns/pushers...

post-16947-1232420367_thumb.jpg

I really like the white dial, yellow hands, SS bezel, stainless bracelet model...but i couldn't turn down the TT white dial version...

I'm even thinking i might put the red strap on the black dial model to highlight the red hands on the dial and put the stainless bracelet on the TT model...mix and match...

This watch is a great find...at a great price...enjoy...R

Hi, I share your enthusiasm for quartz Ebel chronos - I bought a surprisingly good one from a dealer on cqout, colin778, for about $60!

It's the 1911 Discovery, all SS on bracelet, black dial, with tachy scale on the bezel, that makes it the Discovery model.

Wonderful chrono, the subdials re-set perfectly.

Nothing wrong with quartz. I have actually owned two quartz Ebel reps too. The first one I bought from Richard Lawton back in spring 2005.

That was among the first reviews I ever wrote.

The second one I got from Narikaa a while back. That was before the 7750 versions came. Actually I never thought they'd make automatic reps of these. The only issue with the very nice BTR quartz was the case, which was way too thin. Had it been thicker, I'd probably still have the watch.

I thought you might want to read these old articles.

Nothing wrong with quartz. I have actually owned two quartz Ebel reps too. The first one I bought from Richard Lawton back in spring 2005.

I've never thought much of the quartz version of your panda Discovery as the subdial spacing looks so squishy and really aesthetically out of proportion for my eyes...but the BTR looks fine in my opinion...and that yellow black one of yours looks great. Do you still have it?

BTR looks fine in my opinion...and that yellow black one of yours looks great. Do you still have it?

No. I sold it because I was going to buy the 7750 version of the BTR. I already ordered it, but then the Discovery came and I got that instead.

Yeah, that quartz version was nice... but I didn't like that extremely thin case.

@rek001 --> I checked out the white discovery model that colin778 has...i liked it, but i felt the chronos were a little too tightly clustered...i love the panda discovery...By-Tor's pictures really highlight this watch...

@TT --> watch the black/red models...some have rubber pushers and some don't...and some have a slightly different 3 o'clock subdial with many tick marks on the ring of it...i like the rubber pushers...

@By-Tor --> your posts were inspirational...thanks for all your effort...

i also really like the white/yellow hand model...but to me, it's needs the silver bezel...and with a stainless steel bracelet...i haven't found this combo -- yet?!...

i just had to get the TT version...not thrilled with the strap...but, you don't always have all the combos available to you...that's why i went for the black version...i wanted the steel bracelet to put on the TT...i know i can always put a sport strap on the black one...even a black with red stitching strap...

my guess is these won't be here for some time...with the new year...waiting is the hardest thang!...

(at least my SMP Bond comes this week... :)