When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something's crooked, please advise!

jleef

So my SMP just arrived after a few concerns with the dealer, more on that at a later date.

However, to my totally untrained eye something isn't quite right:

bez1nw5.th.jpg

83768749qu2.jpg

So it seems to me - and please correct me if so, but the bezel is not properly aligned. The movement / face itself seems to be in place right, but being a total beginner I'm happily put right if mistaken.

Should I accept this? Is it something I can easily fix or (heaven forbid...) get used to?! I guess my biggest concern is that if the dealer has let this fairly obvious fault slip through then perhaps QC is totally lacking - is there anything else I should be checking over bar the general condition of the watch and parts?

My other problem is that the bracelet wasn't resized as I asked. I had a feeling this would happen even though the dealer suggested adjusting it to me, not vice versa. It seems to be held in with screws rather than pins - should I do this myself or take it to somebody who knows what they're doing?

Thanks for any advice. Happy with the purchase except a few disappointments really.

Actually, the more I look, the more it seems like the face AND the bezel are slightly off. Could just be an optical illusion. Either way it's frustrating :(

This might sound daft, but have you turned the bezel anti-clockwise so the pearl will line up at 12.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not just being a noob and failing to search, just hoping for a second opinion really as to whether it's the bezel or the watch face/movement itself that has been incorrectly fitted. Hopefully it's just the bezel which I can fix!

Perhaps you guys could have a glance at these other pics and see what you think is up?

imgp2118uv9.jpg

imgp2121jq4.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not just being a noob and failing to search, just hoping for a second opinion really as to whether it's the bezel or the watch face/movement itself that has been incorrectly fitted. Hopefully it's just the bezel which I can fix!

Perhaps you guys could have a glance at these other pics and see what you think is up?

imgp2118uv9.jpg

imgp2121jq4.jpg

Yes, the bezel insert is off. With the right tools, it will take you about ten minutes (if that) to fix it. PM me if you need the instructions (which are posted in the Omega Section) It is certainly not worth the hassle of sending the watch back to China for such an insignificant issue (which can happen in gens as well)

Dont care about the fix. Wouldnt accept it. Send it back. However if it is a known fault maybe go for a different model.

:o

Bro, please tell me this is a sarcastic comment.

easy fix. If you can take movemnet and face out, use a hairdryer on the case and insert until the glue softens up. Then move the insert until it lines up. Put the movement back in. happens all the time with these

Ditto that. It looks like the bezel is correct, just the insert is off a tad. Maybe a minute or two under the hair dryer and it will spin pretty easily into place. Once it cools it should sit tight. Nice pearl on that one. I wouldn't dump it just because the insert is off. Like the others say, it is a known problem and an easy fix.

Good luck.