When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi All

cjsogle

Hi

Great to find a place where knowledgeable people are talking about replicas. Until I found the forum, like everyone else I guess, I was floundering around google and not really having any confidence in what I was finding. The volume of 'replica watches' spam is indicative of what I am sure is a high incidence of scams surrounding replicas. That said I made a purchase from a site I found www.aaaqualityreplicas.com from whom I purchased a Panerai submersible (Slytech). I am reasonably happy with the quality but disappointed I am being recommended not to swim in it given what it represents, and I am sure someone if they take a look at the site will tell me that I overpaid - and hopefully that there are better quality options out there. The quality is short of what I hope to find I have to say.

Personally I am interested, I suspect like most here, in high quality replicas and am willing to pay for the right item. I am amazed to read about the 'modding' of purchased replicas. I had no idea that this went on. A quest for accuracy and perfection I can well identify with.

I am looking forward to the learning curve!

Great to be here

chriso

Welcome Chriso!

If it's accuracy and attention to detail you're after, you've come to the right place. There are people here :whistling: who cannot sleep at night unless the corrosion on their aged seconds hand is juuuuuuust right.

There are simple point-and-click collectors and then there are the ones who would rather build a good franken than own the real thing. Seriously. There's a satisfaction in saying "I built that" and putting a personal touch on it. Many of the frankens here are made from 99% real parts, painstakingly gathered over month's time.

Read, read, and read some more. I think you'll like the vast knowledge base you'll find here.

As an aside...the recommendation by most is that you don't swim with your reps. Certain ones have a solid reputation for being better for swimming than others...but even if a vendor says it has been "waterproofed" don't believe it unless you have had it tested yourself by a qualified pressure tester.

Don't feel alone in being unsettled by your first purchase. You've found the most knowledgeable and coolest forum around. Read my Noob Guide linked in my Signature and you'll hit the ground running and armed with the knowledge you need to make the ride fun.

Welcome chriso. Im am also new to RWG. I can tell you this ,the knowledge here is without a doubt the most extensive and professional that I ever witnesed. I'm sure you will agree. Whats nice is that this hobby can be anything you want it to be,good luck :) Mike

As an aside...the recommendation by most is that you don't swim with your reps. Certain ones have a solid reputation for being better for swimming than others...but even if a vendor says it has been "waterproofed" don't believe it unless you have had it tested yourself by a qualified pressure tester.

Don't feel alone in being unsettled by your first purchase. You've found the most knowledgeable and coolest forum around. Read my Noob Guide linked in my Signature and you'll hit the ground running and armed with the knowledge you need to make the ride fun.

Thanks Toadtorernt and others for the greetings. I am genuinely excited at finding rwg.

Toadtorrent, so do I take it that even a dealer such as Puretime that advertises >50m should not be taken literally?

I am now doing as I am told and heading for the Noob Guide!

Chriso