When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 runs quite well still

phaedo

When i joined the forum, it was because I had been looking at getting a gen tag heuer, but on my search for them basically started looking at what else was around. Upon joining here, I found Andrews site, and after hours of reading I ordered the BCE with black face and white subdials. When it arrived I was really impressed with how good a watch it was, and more pleased than I would have been had I got the aquaracer I originally thought of getting. Comparing both when I was outside an AD I was more than happy with the watch I got.

Fast forward over 2 years, and i still use the Breitling as my daily beater. Unlike some of you, I have not had the money to go crazy and buy every new rep that comes out, so have stuck to getting just a few. A couple of pams, the UPO, a rolex, but keep ending up wearing the breit as the daily beater. I work outdoors and it has seen a lot of wear over the time I have had it, and I posted a topic a few weeks ago when the chrono pusher came off. The watchsmith said it couldn't be fixed without more parts, so it has since been superglued in. Not that I used the chrono much anyway. But I digress, this is not supposed to be a 'breitling' thread, hence the reason it is in general discussion. This is about the reliability of the A7750 that powers it.

As I said, I work in quite a pysical job, something that I guess a mechanical watch should not be subjected to. However, it is, and I see no need to stop using it since it has survived so far. I set my watch a week ago to check the accuracy of it, since it is something I have never really done before, other than note that I don't have to adjust it as it isn't out by much anyway. Not had it serviced, and bought it about 26 months ago. Over the past week I have checked a few times to see how it has been going, and was a bit disappointed after the first day when it looked to be close to a minute slow. Well, fast forward a week, and there may be some inaccuracies in the tolerance day to day, but as of now, I am 10 seconds fast in 7 days. Not bad for an unserviced, hard worn, over 2 year old asian movement. Well within cosc specs averaged over that week.

Now I have said this it will probably blow up on me in the next week, but I sure hope it doesn't. I think I might like it. A bit dirty, but I like 'em that way ;)

DSC000571.jpg

As I said, I work in quite a physical job, something that I guess a mechanical watch should not be subjected to. However, it is, and I see no need to stop using it since it has survived so far.

I am with you. I don't treat my watches like they are eggs.

Although a Gen-- Seiko 7002-7039 automatic I have worn this watch on my "Adventure Travels" for the past 10 years. Serviced by me, twice. This watch has survived surfing, diving, 3000 miles of on/off road motorcycling on my BMW GS dual-sport, and a week at Burning Man- camping in the equivalent of talcum powder.

It is still an automatic, and has been the best, most reliable, watch I have ever owned.

The cal. 7002 movement has 17J and runs at 21,600 bph. It's non-hacking and has a quickset date-only calendar mechanism. (200m water resistance, uni-directional bezel with 120 clicks)

7002_7039a.sized.jpg