When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seiko sportura replica

jman3566

Hello,

I just stumbled on to this web site and thought I would ask a question. I used the search features before this post so I apologize if this isn't a new topic.

The only replica watch I have ever owned was a Rolex I bought in Tijuana Mexico about twenty years ago. It actually kept pretty good time :)

One of my favorite watches is the Seiko Sportura SLQ017, a stainless steel limited edition chronograph that sell for several thousand dollars.

Imagine my surprise when I happened to find a replica of that watch! I realize that replicas for most Seiko watches make no sense. Why not just but the original? But I am considering purchasing this replica since I know there is no chance I will ever own a real one.

The website I found that has is watch is:

http://www.watchesprice.net/Seiko-Sportura...atch-14054.html

Does anyone have any experience with Seiko replicas? I do know this watch web site is located in China.

There are several websites with the same replica, this just happened to be the cheapest price I could find if I paid through Western Union.

Does anyone here have a better resourse for finding this replica watch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! Even if it is just to tell me I am an idiot for considering this purchase :)

Justin

Edited by jman3566

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! Even if it is just to tell me I am an idiot for considering this purchase :)

Justin

You are an idiot for considering this purchase :)

Seriously, this site reeks of scam, as in take your money, send nothing. Their claimed replica inventory nearly covers Seiko's entire catalog, and all are pictured using gen pics. Same with their Casio listings, etc. I say they're out to snag as many orders from unsuspecting noobs as possible and then fold up shop. There is simply NO WAY anyone is repping all these obscure unpopular watches. Some of their rep prices are even higher than the gens typical web prices, e.g. Seiko Monster.

Edited by mcdj

Western Union payment is non-negotiable...fine with a trusted seller...but with an unknown internet vendor...kiss your money good bye.

The odds of all these Seiko's being repped is quite low. I agree...this looks like a scam site. All their photos look like gen watches. I would say your quest for a good Seiko watch has ended here. You may not like the designs of the less contemporary offerings of the higher end brands here...but from the vendors here...you can be rest assured you'll at least get what's advertised.

Try emailing a dealer with pics. Hont can get nearly anything and will try to find it.. Find hont HERE .

If you have no luck PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Guys, they do rep nearly every Seiko made! Amazing but tru. Have a look HERE. DO NOT BUY THERE as they are expensive but you do get a rep Seiko. I have a mate who buys these things. There are thousands of them plus Timex, Lorus, Swiss Army even the LL Bean.

Col.

Guys, they do rep nearly every Seiko made! Amazing but tru. Have a look HERE. DO NOT BUY THERE as they are expensive but you do get a rep Seiko. I have a mate who buys these things. There are thousands of them plus Timex, Lorus, Swiss Army even the LL Bean.

It looks like they just uploaded the whole Seiko and whatever else catalogue. All the pics look like gen catalogue pics to me. Maybe I'm wrong. They also don't have pics of anything but the dial side...so you can't see what kind of movement they are sticking in these as many of the Seiko 5 gens have display backs.

Who knows what you'll actuall be getting. I wonder how many of these models listed are actually "in stock" or "available? That's what I mean by being skeptical that all of these are repped.

I know with our rep dealers here...many of the watches are no longer available that are listed in their online catalogues...just to bump up the amount of product they have and hope you'll buy something else if what you want is not in stock.

It looks like they just uploaded the whole Seiko and whatever else catalogue. All the pics look like gen catalogue pics to me. Maybe I'm wrong. They also don't have pics of anything but the dial side...so you can't see what kind of movement they are sticking in these as many of the Seiko 5 gens have display backs.

Who knows what you'll actuall be getting. I wonder how many of these models listed are actually "in stock" or "available? That's what I mean by being skeptical that all of these are repped.

Totally agree with toad here.All the pics are taken from the real thing,so :unknw: if what you see is what you actually get in the end.

I would stay away from this :nonono:

John

Welcome Justin. Rule of thumb. If a watch is set at 10.10 chances are its the real watch, not the rep.What you will recieve? God only knows. Be careful. That Seiko is a bad mofo, I like it. Stick with the dealers here at RWG. There is a good chance if they dont have it they can find it. A very nice gesture on Trailboss part I might add. Happy hunting :) Mike

For Seiko products, if one of the trusted rep dealers cannot source what you want, I would stick with a "brick and mortar" AD (Seiko has various "company stores" that sell discontinued models at discounted prices). If you cannot get what you want at a good price for you, do a search on Amazon.com or WatchesPlanet.com (an Amazon. com website), Overstock.com, Bidz.com, etc.. These on-line dealers, while being legit, are also "grey market" dealers. That means that anything you get is probably overstock or discontinued and the factory warranty is probably void. Remember, Seiko makes hundreds and hundreds of styles, many of which are not intended to be sold in your country (for example, Seiko 5, Grand Seiko and Prospex series are only officially sold in Japan and Asian markets), so any of these are obtainable, but the selling store would have to provide warranty. Also, keep an eye on Timezone and Watchuseek sales forums as these sites have dedicated sections for Seiko. Happy hunting, and welcome aboard.

Cheers B)

They do have a surprising number of those available. As I said a guy who lives not far from here has a large collection of these. He now buys thru one of my small dealers since I showed him he was paying far too much on that site.

Why do they make all of these? Beacuse in places like Aisa and Africa you have entire rep ADs selling this stuff that look exactly like a Seiko/Casio/Lorus etc dealer only cheaper. I have seen little shops in places like Cairo with hundreds of different models of rep quartz watches on display. Most of these are no more than thirty bucks and mostly much less thru places like that. They buy the things by the container load. We pay a "rich westener" premium on most things out of China. The same items are much cheaper in poorer countries.

Fakey:

This is a $300 watch in gen form. Why would you want a rep of it?

WRONG! If you can get me a SLQ017 for 300 bucks I'l take a dozen. There were only 1500 made and it retailed for $3500. If you're lucky you can pick one up for a couple of grand. They rep these things 'cause they are rare and/or expensive, just like the stuff we buy. Even if it's 300 bucks new if you can't get one any more a rep may be all you can find. People DO collect quartz you know. I have seen the rep of this 'un and its not too bad alltho it does not have the gen's display back. Besides, not everyone has three bills to spend on a watch and a rep is still a third of the gen price at least.

Regards, Col.

Edited by trailboss

They do have a surprising number of those available. As I said a guy who lives not far from here has a large collection of these. He now buys thru one of my small dealers since I showed him he was paying far too much on that site.

You wouldn't by any chance be able to post a few pics of some of the higher end rep Seikos would you? I'm curious now what kind of product actually gets delivered...given the pics in the sites referenced in this thread look like gen catalogue shots.

Can you saaaaay....Spring Drive???

Toad: Next time I'm over there I'll take the camera. Don't expect a spring drive in a rep tho. Most are just a quartz MVT. Look great from the outside tho.

He does have one or two with gen MVTS but not shure from whence they came.

Col.

Edited by trailboss