When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Online Package Tracking

Pylon

I once got RSI waiting for a Richard Mille.

Then it arrived and I wondered why I had got into such a state. :huh:

JTB

I drove myself batshit crazy over a gen Monaco. Shipped FedEx, I know the local FedEx driver really well. Waited and waited and waited. Finally on a Friday it said "On FedEx truck out for delivery." I took a long lunch so I would not miss it at the house. Called my brother over and had him wait on the FedEx guy for me while I went back to work. Got off work, stormed in the door. No watch. No FedEx driver ever came. Called work to make sure he did not leave it there. No watch. Called the 800 number and asked if they could reschedule delivery, nope, can't do it. He was already on his way back to the dispatch office. I decided no way in hell was I going to wait until Monday on my new purchase with that much money wrapped up in it. I went out to the car and drove the 40-some miles to the FedEx center where the driver operates out of to pick my package up. I beat the bastard back there! I got in and they said he was not back and that I could wait. Sat in the lobby for 20 minutes, he finally pulls in and walked my box directly out to me. He recognized my car in the lot and grabbed the box out of his truck first thing, told me he did not have time to stop by my house.

After all that I got my watch. And it was damn well worth it!

I He recognized my car in the lot and grabbed the box out of his truck first thing, told me he did not have time to stop by my house.

After all that I got my watch. And it was damn well worth it!

That's CRAZY!! No time?? Did you get free shipping or was it considered unusual weather so no freebie?

That's CRAZY!! No time?? Did you get free shipping or was it considered unusual weather so no freebie?

Weather was fine as it was a bright summer day, I guess he was just busy that day.

The worst part about it is that they actually don't HAVE to attempt to deliver a package on a given day unless you purchase something with a speficied date, like "Next Day Air." Standard FedEx, UPS ground, etc. delivery dates are flexible. I have tracked many a package and the date changes and says "rescheduled" and FedEx has had other items on the truck driving around town and never made a stop at my house. When I check the tracking at the end of those days it says something like delivery attempt not made, delivery rescheduled, etc. This time of year I am always concerned that they would leave my package on the truck and my item would be subjected to extreme cold.

They probably get tired of seeing me though, I get a lot of deliveries. The UPS guy knows me well enough that I was eating a sandwich in a resturant and he walked in with the stuff for the resturant and a package for me as well. He also recognized my car and saw me sitting in the window so I got handed a watch while enjoying a meal.

They probably get tired of seeing me though, I get a lot of deliveries. The UPS guy knows me well enough that I was eating a sandwich in a resturant and he walked in with the stuff for the resturant and a package for me as well. He also recognized my car and saw me sitting in the window so I got handed a watch while enjoying a meal.

That's a lot of packages. Funny!! So they have to attempt delivery...just not by a certain date with the ground service. Fair enough.

• 1 month later...