When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE V2/V3 differences?

oirish

I was just on his site and there were no "ultimate" label on the BCE's There was one that said V2 and Update. That was the only one though. am I seeing this incorrectly?

NM was thinking of a different website. Anything for $298+ (ind. serials, "double AR", updated Date) is the V3.

where did you hear about a V4 BCE? i've searched through this forum and haven't found anything.

i have a V3. There are only a few minor things i'd improve

1). the bezel numbers (15;30;45) should be engraved deeper into the surface

2). get rid of the "Blue tint" AR in favor of the "Pink tint" AR

3). further perfect the alignment of the DW (which is pretty good as it is but could be better)...

4). it seems to me they got the font right so no real need to do anything in that department. If they want to get real anal about the quality of their rep i'd make it a little bolder.

5). use appropriate Lume (they still use factory rep lume which dies quickly and is not bright....its about as bright as my gen 10 yo Citizen but doesn't last as long)

that should do it....if they were to correct all these i'd buy it for the same price they are selling their Flying B's for at the moment.

1. get a gen bezel

2. WTF 'pink' tint what is this? GEN breit. USE A very BOLD BLUE tint.... i have never seen anything pink. some have called it a purple.. BUT NOT P I N K.

3. -

4. ok agreed. but gen DW's are PAINTED, creating a RAISED surface. all the reps are PRINTED, creating a grey scale looking print.

5. :-)

The main BCE tells are the minute indices should be a hair shorter at 3, 6, 9, 12, some have rider tabs misaligned, the engraving on the bezel/tabs could be deeper, lume should be white C1 (green C5 used on rep and sometimes sloppily applied) and crown is slightly less defined than the gen.

As far as I'm aware the V3 is just a V2 with an updated date font, maybe one of the dealers can confirm this?

By the way all the stuff I've mentioned above is really anal and I consider my BCE to be probably my best 'out the box' rep...I would advise any rep lover to try one... ;)