When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE V2/V3 differences?

oirish

Hi all. Ive just ordered a graphite BCE v2 from one of your recommended dealers. I'm sure it'll take a few weeks to arrive so I'm waiting with gleeful anticipation. Its my first rep purchase.

After ordering I realised there is a v3 out. When did this version come about? What are the differences?

I've looked around and I cant seem to find a post describing these. I'v already ordered the v2 and its the watch I wanted, so I'm not bothered that theres a newer version... its my own slip up. I'm curious as to what I've missed out on. Could someone help?

My BCE v2 is advertised as having an updated date wheel. Does this make it a v3?

My understanding is that there was a V1 with a super-crappy DW... Then came the V2, with an updated DW that was slightly better but not perfect. I have the V2 and the DW is actually not too bad. The DW on the V3 is close to perfect and there are also other improvements (I think the bezel, the pearl, and a few other small things).

Dear me, back in my day we never had this problem with V'x' and V'y', it was oh so simple to determine what you were buying/talking about haha

Which dealer did you buy it from, do you have a link? Some of them advertise the watch as having an upgraded datewheel, so you may receive the so called V3. I think the V2 and V3 came from the same factory, in which case I doubt that the V2 is still in production (this is mere speculation on my part)

No worries, the period between ordering and receiving a watch can be nerve racking as it is, let alone having to worry about receiving the right version :) I should have mentioned that the reassuring post above was subject to the condition of pictures when it arrives, I love the BCE :)

• 2 weeks later...
There's talk about a v4 BCE. Whats your take on it?

where did you hear about a V4 BCE? i've searched through this forum and haven't found anything.

i have a V3. There are only a few minor things i'd improve

1). the bezel numbers (15;30;45) should be engraved deeper into the surface

2). get rid of the "Blue tint" AR in favor of the "Pink tint" AR

3). further perfect the alignment of the DW (which is pretty good as it is but could be better)...

4). it seems to me they got the font right so no real need to do anything in that department. If they want to get real anal about the quality of their rep i'd make it a little bolder.

5). use appropriate Lume (they still use factory rep lume which dies quickly and is not bright....its about as bright as my gen 10 yo Citizen but doesn't last as long)

that should do it....if they were to correct all these i'd buy it for the same price they are selling their Flying B's for at the moment.