When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperLumiNova C3? "A Champagne SuperLumiNova In The Sky"

Spidey7

I've got a Tag Heuer that the Lume has fallen out of one of the hour markers on the dial. I just need to put a little pin-head sized dot back in it to fix it. I have the dial pulled out of the watch, but I can't seem to find any of the C3. I've called around to the local Watchsmiths but no one has it. I also don't want to buy a gram of it if I'm just using a dot sized amount (unless it's not that expensive). Does anybody have an existing supply that they wouldn't mind selling me a teeny tiny little bit of? Or does anyone know where I can find the stuff? Thanks,

I've got a Tag Heuer that the Lume has fallen out of one of the hour markers on the dial. I just need to put a little pin-head sized dot back in it to fix it. I have the dial pulled out of the watch, but I can't seem to find any of the C3. I've called around to the local Watchsmiths but no one has it. I also don't want to buy a gram of it if I'm just using a dot sized amount (unless it's not that expensive). Does anybody have an existing supply that they wouldn't mind selling me a teeny tiny little bit of? Or does anyone know where I can find the stuff? Thanks,

It's expensive...more than gold. The only place to buy it is direct from RC Tritec...and it's supposed to be only a professional product for sale. So...you have to call them up, expensive shipping from Switzerland, and sell them that you need a kit as a hobbyist watchsmith.

The problem is, white is not white...there are various shades, so if you do just the one dot...it will stand out in various light. You'll likely have to do the whole dial and hands to get things right. On the cheap, you could try user SMC (I think) who has cheap lume, and you use your own binder of choice.

This will likely be harder to work with than the SL stuff according to The Zigmeister who has said that the SL stuff is easier on the learning curve because of the consistency of it...but more expensive on the wallet.

Not an easy venture.

+1 - sorry Spidey, but this is on the mark. A serious and expensive project. Probably cheaper to you to just have the whole watch redone right - hands & dial. Vacuum here in Florida does the best lume jobs I have ever had on my stuff, he is reasonable, quick, eager for biz, and no customs risk. You might give him a try.

It's expensive...more than gold. The only place to buy it is direct from RC Tritec...and it's supposed to be only a professional product for sale. So...you have to call them up, expensive shipping from Switzerland, and sell them that you need a kit as a hobbyist watchsmith.

The problem is, white is not white...there are various shades, so if you do just the one dot...it will stand out in various light. You'll likely have to do the whole dial and hands to get things right. On the cheap, you could try user SMC (I think) who has cheap lume, and you use your own binder of choice.

This will likely be harder to work with than the SL stuff according to The Zigmeister who has said that the SL stuff is easier on the learning curve because of the consistency of it...but more expensive on the wallet.

Not an easy venture.