When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with Gen part numbers

CJT74

I have an MBK TT sub, in fact its the exact watch used in By-Tors review (Noob vs MBK...who has the best sub). I am in the process of doing a few minor mods and I wanted putting in a GEN crown to be of them.

Can anyone tell me what the part number for a GEN 18K crown is, and if it will work in my MBK. it has the fat tube. Also if anyone has a suggestion on where to get one other than the bay.

Thanks

Part # for a gold crown is 24-703-8. The last number (8) denotes gold. I believe it will fit the latest MBW case tube which is a copy of the gen. That Rolex part number for a case tube is 24-7030-0 in stainless, I don't know if Rolex uses gold case tubes- if they did, the part # would be 24-7030-8. Being that gold is softer than ss, I would think the ss case tube would hold up better over the long run. And no one sees it unless thay're winding the crown, etc.

Ebay is the best deal I know. VFR- vintage Rolex forum is another possibility. Watch supply houses carry generic tubes, but their crowns can't be signed- with the Rolex crown- due to copyright laws which Rolex enforces very strictly.

Gary Clark is first rate- crown is a good price. You might beat the price, but w/ Gary, you know you'll get what you're paying for. The case tube is aftermarket, but good- I have one in my Noobmariner. Just make sure you tap the hole before you install the tube- remember, this takes tools to do the work.