When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this real?

betenoir

Compared to my gen polished version - the construction and engraving looks correct on this for an OEM brushed clasp.

There isn't really a great deal of difference between the better quality rep versions and OEM as far as cosmetics is concerned - the feel and operation is different though!

Good luck

FGD

Please take this with a grain of salt as I'm no expert, but I'd say fake. All the rep ones I've seen have one thing in common. The release buttons are loose and don't have the spring action that the gens I've handled have. I think this is what FGD meant. From the pics, it's evident that one of the push buttons seems to be pushed out via the tiny springs in the button, but the other doesn't.

I'd say it's a rep.

I think this one is a gen.

The srping are not on the buttons but on each side of the ends of the deployant parts.

I have gen to compare, the difference with rep is the middle bar(with the serial number in it) are right end, but on rep it are 5 angles end.

An other difference is that the rep have springbars on the buckle, the gen a bar you cannot remove.

Ask the seller for a pic of it closed; on a gen no space beetween parts, a rep cannot have this level of finish.