When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When do we go live again?

MimiSars

I bought a watch from Andrew about a week and a half ago, knowing that it's CNY. However, my question is when does it officially end? Some places say the 7th and some places say the 10th. I got my tracking number already and have been checking for days.

Anyone else order during CNY?

You were able to get a tracking # but no one went back to work until the 4th.. and shipping started up again on the 6th or 7th .. try checking your EMS number again..

as a side .. is your Uke made from Koa ?? is it a concert uke ? .. it's hard to tell with nothing to compare it next to .. is it a Kamaka ?? .. what ever it is .. she's a beauty.. nice orange tint.. almost like mango wood.. B)

You were able to get a tracking # but no one went back to work until the 4th.. and shipping started up again on the 6th or 7th .. try checking your EMS number again..

as a side .. is your Uke made from Koa ?? is it a concert uke ? .. it's hard to tell with nothing to compare it next to .. is it a Kamaka ?? .. what ever it is .. she's a beauty.. nice orange tint.. almost like mango wood.. B)

Well I check it regularly every day several times but it still has no info on it. I guess I should email Andrew to see whats up?

Also, thats just a pic that I got offline since I need an avatar. I own a Kamaka though. My mom had two but my sister (years ago) stepped on the neck :(

You Oiwi or just live on the islands? If you Oiwi, whats your mix?

Thanks Kenberg and Lanikai.

Just an FYI... I purchased a watch from him in the dead middle of CNY (not the best idea ever...) and I finally got an email on 2/2 saying is would be shipping soon. I finally got an updated email this morning on 2/12 saying that it finally shipped. I guess he got a bit backlogged, but the wait is finally over, well, the first part of the wait that is.

Good luck!

WR

Not to thread crap here but, following Lani's lead - do you play the uke?

I have a Koaloha concert, been playing & taking lessons from a kumu for 5 years.

I bought a watch from Andrew about a week and a half ago, knowing that it's CNY. However, my question is when does it officially end? Some places say the 7th and some places say the 10th. I got my tracking number already and have been checking for days.

Anyone else order during CNY?

i ordered a watch from Andrew on the 24 th january and got it today.Be patient.

Just an FYI... I purchased a watch from him in the dead middle of CNY (not the best idea ever...) and I finally got an email on 2/2 saying is would be shipping soon. I finally got an updated email this morning on 2/12 saying that it finally shipped. I guess he got a bit backlogged, but the wait is finally over, well, the first part of the wait that is.

Good luck!

WR

Ya, I was thinking before I ordered it that it probably would have been better to order it after CNY was over, that way my order wouldn't pile up and would have probably been shipped quicker.

BTW, it is on its way to my country. Tracking number finally worked 2 days ago. Now, just to wait for customs <_<

Not to thread crap here but, following Lani's lead - do you play the uke?

I have a Koaloha concert, been playing & taking lessons from a kumu for 5 years.

Not me but my mom does. Uke is kinda boring to me to be honest, I mean when comparing to guitar and stuff. I just chose it cause it looked like a fitting avatar. Wonder why the Portugese invented it in the first place :p

Well I check it regularly every day several times but it still has no info on it. I guess I should email Andrew to see whats up?

Also, thats just a pic that I got offline since I need an avatar. I own a Kamaka though. My mom had two but my sister (years ago) stepped on the neck :(

You Oiwi or just live on the islands? If you Oiwi, whats your mix?

Thanks Kenberg and Lanikai.

MS .... my Ohana is very eclectic .. we have Asian, Hawaiian, Filipino, German and now my sister inlaw.... Jewish ,.. but not all together in the same bodies at one time.... United Nations ma brotha.. B) and I'm third generation Hawaii.. we are up to the 5th generation now..

I just got my UN that was ordered during CNY .. they may be backed up terribly.. but check with your dealer .. it always takes awhile .. Imagine a whole counrty (needless to say China) on vacation at once, things get pretty backed up..

I had a Kamaka Concert Uke .. my Uncle had 4 Martins, the sound of aged Martins is out of this world!!!.. but I always got the whack on the head from my teacher for not practicing enough.. too much time at the beach and Baseball practice.. also played the Viola (first seat) until High School .. when I had to make a choice between sports and music.. my Dad was at one time a Pro Musician so I got to go to a lot of Jazz Concerts backstage as a kid.. :)

let us know how it turns out .. B)

Lani, one time at a uke festival this guy handed me a vintage Martin uke, I was lucky to be able to hold and play it, it sounded out of this world.

He said he's gotten as much as $4,000 for one on eBay.... I immediately handed it back to him.