When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best place to buy in Dubai

torresp

Hi Toni,

Just ask a taxi driver to take you to the GOLD SOUQ in either Dubai or Abu Dhabi. There are several good shops in these souq (Souq means Market in Arabic) selling S/H genuine watches at good price but be prepared to haggle over the price and you will get a good deal. There are about 4/5 good shops in Dubai souq running adjacent to the main road, Opposite the Intercon Hotel. In Abu Dhabi the gold souq is like a shopping center full of shops selling gold. Again there are several shops selling good value second hand watches. (Note: there are no quality replicas here)

Hope This Helps

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Slightly off topic, but is it true that the lowest karat gold sold in the middle east is 18k? That's what a coworker told me, he said you only find 12k and 14k in the USA.

nope, not true

u can find 10k gold and almost everything there, but the prices differ from one country to another

Hi,

There is a Breitling AD in the "Mall of the Emirates", and I've been just yesterday in the Breitling-shop at the "Festival Centre Mall". Had a look at Montbrillant Legende in stainless steel (have my rep on the way). Price was 4.2 k Euros not negotiated, don't know for what it sells in the rest of the world. And you have an AD of basically every well known swiss brand in the new "Dubai Mall". Spent hours there just window shopping.

Newton

dubai.jpg

Dubbed as the City of Gold, Dubai is a thriving economy and a dumping ground for luxury timepieces.

Since 1/4 Century ago, knowledgeable Airline personnel have been buying watches from Dubai and reselling them at a hefty margin to those unaware of this "Watch Haven", a large number of buyers from Japan.

A year ago, I was there and astonished by the development rates of their real estate scene. Discounted rates on Rolexes are one of the best in the world, so I have heard.

dubailights.jpg

Dubai is renowned for their Dubai Shopping Festival which happens once a year in the month of February (if memory serves me well).

I only had the chance to visit Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons at Wafi City Shopping Mall, and there was Chopard, Panerai, Patek Philippe boutiques on the ground floor.

At Ahmed & Sons, I was drawn to F.P. Journe who has been my favourite watchmaker for the past 2 years. Immediately I asked for the best price on a Luna as well as Calendria. Was shocked when the discount given was well, and very very well below the RRP in my region. Tempted as I was, Desirable as those 40mm brilliant tick-tocks are singing to me, I held back. Abeit the discount, it was still in the region of tens of thousand dollars.

I believe you will find Ahmed & Sons in every major malls in Dubai. Happy Watch Hunting!

Dubbed as the City of Gold, Dubai is a thriving economy and a dumping ground for luxury timepieces.

not anymore,

people are losing their jobs and being sent home by 10's of thousands every month, and people are leaving their cars at the airports with notes in them saying: "sorry but we cant afford the rest of our payments", homes are left without notice with all the furniture still inside

this economic recession is turning into a depression, and trust me folks, this is just the beginning

so whoever has a job right now, hold on to it with ur life!!!