When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Noobmariner...

spider87

Ok, I'm probably going to get shot down for this. But I've been searching and reading all morning and I can't figure out who TTK is or how to buy from him? I would love one of the noobmariners as my first 'real' rep (first one was a nice daytona from Canal Street but it's probably bad compared to what I've seen here) but I was looking around trying to find this TTK person or the website that you buy from them from or something and can't seem to find anything? I apologize for my ignorance and hope someone can give me a real answer of how to buy from TTK?

Thanks,

Alex

Who are the US dealers who might have it? If their are any I'd rather not deal with customs... I've been searching about that too can't find any confirmed US stories... How are customs in the US?

Actually bklm1234 is another possibility- he used to mod the noobmariner and improve it- usually with the eta 2836-2 movement- the bkmariner was a very nice watch at the time (2-3 years ago). Don't know if he can still get them or not, but you could certainly check with him.

There really aren't any in the US. We just bite the bullet and risk it with customs.

With US Customs am I correct in saying the process is like this:

They get it

(1) They Seize it

(2) They release it

2 - it gets to you in a few days

1:

(1) They send you a letter telling you it's been seized and asking for a sum of money (19% of shipping price or something?)

(2) They destroy it

1:1:

(1) You send money they send you the watch wala

(2) You ignore them and they destroy the package

1:2:

(1) That's it here

Is that basically a correct tree or is there some legal issue incurred also?

U.S. Customs isn't typically an issue. Most watches just go thru unopened, AFAIK. Usually it takes 1-3 weeks depending on the mail service used and the speed with which the collector dispatches your order. It's really not a big deal.

Cool, thanks for that info goat. When they do seize it though just to be sure it's just an offer that you can still have it if you pay but otherwise they'll destroy it right? No like crazy cops or anything? haha

EDIT: Also, goat just noticed your other post.. I'm going to PM bklm1234 now

Edited by spider87

If Customs seizes your watch, I would figure it's gone. But most of the dealers will replace a watch if it's seized by Customs. But of the 30 or so reps that I've bought, I've only had one problem. Of 3 watches ordered, 2 were removed from the package by the time I got it. But the dealer replaced the other two.

If Customs seizes your watch, I would figure it's gone. But most of the dealers will replace a watch if it's seized by Customs. But of the 30 or so reps that I've bought, I've only had one problem. Of 3 watches ordered, 2 were removed from the package by the time I got it. But the dealer replaced the other two.

That's pretty comforting. I think next time I get paid I'll buy the noobmariner from here: http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=257

Seems like a good place and I haven't seen anything bad about them. Seem clean to you? (Yes I've read I just figured while I was at it I'd get a consensus haha)