When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal ..Hacked ?

lanikai

gotta be careful with emails from paypal and ebay... they will give you some story, provide you a convenient link to click on to take you to their login page... BUT its a FAKE link leading to a replica page that looks identical to the paypal page.. you have to check the url and make sure its actually https://www.paypal.com/login or whatever and not somthing like https://www.abc123.paypal.com/login

The s after the http because it should be a secure site like a bank.

Know what i mean? If you go to the fake page and try to login without knowing... BAM they have your user/password.

dizz

Concerning Paypal i have 2 cases/ questions:

1st: I have received a payment since Monday 09 of February but its still Pending. Does it take so many days ? \

Other times i had received instantly payments. The buyer said that had send money from his Bank account

& thais takes more time for payment completion.

2nd: I received an email from Paypal Europe that i ahd received payments of more than 1.000,00 euros the last 2 months

& that is NOT allowed ''freely'' by laws of European Union & they needed my Business details (address, type of company etc)

for reviewing mt account.

Did you ever had similar cases ??

2nd: I received an email from Paypal Europe that i ahd received payments of more than 1.000,00 euros the last 2 months

& that is NOT allowed ''freely'' by laws of European Union & they needed my Business details (address, type of company etc)

for reviewing mt account.

Did you ever had similar cases ??

I have had this before ( few years back ) on volume payments coming through - I did 5k in shy of 30 days in and out - t's to do with money laundering laws, it's just there way of legally protecting all parties - them, yourself as any normal bank would do - in my case, they wanted copy of passport, driving licence.

No major thing if you are happy to continue with them, they will ask for that detail.

thank you again All.. for the support and direction.. I got a couple of hours of sleep by the time I was ready to conclude everything was safe. I threw away Norton and got McAfee .. the extra security for PP.. called my banks 24/7 assistance to make sure everything was safe.. the supervisor was "way cool", and was pretty wired to try and get to sleep.

I was pretty beat up trying to get on the road.. but managed to catch "second wind" .. I was running behind schedule, so needless to say .. I had to handle things with "controlled chaos" this AM..

But in hind sight.. it could of been much worse.... the vendor and I have been in touch ..and I thanked her for her tenacity and exellence , and her assurance that she has done all the proper things to have my funds released asap.. was above and beyond (IMO) .. good business sense to prep a "future" customer.

I will take this as a lesson well learned,..one cannot have too much security (proper security); and having said that, I need to do a little more footwork now that the perps are getting more imaginative..

But I would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you guy's for taking the time to support and guide my issues... I am truly blessed to be a part of such a great community !!!!!!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

I have been away for the weekend, having come back today I had numerous emails, one of which saying that Paypal had detected a third party transaction from ym account.

Being sceptical, I went to Paypal in a separate browser and logged in and didn't use the link provided. Sure enough, 'I' had made a payment to some gambling company in America on the 14th!? I've had no access to my account all weekend so I know it wasn't me, so I've filed a dispute and just hoping Il get my money back. I'l be onto the bank tomorrow to change my card and account details too.

I'm thinking of closing my paypal account, it just seems too risky these days!

I have been away for the weekend, having come back today I had numerous emails, one of which saying that Paypal had detected a third party transaction from ym account.

Being sceptical, I went to Paypal in a separate browser and logged in and didn't use the link provided. Sure enough, 'I' had made a payment to some gambling company in America on the 14th!? I've had no access to my account all weekend so I know it wasn't me, so I've filed a dispute and just hoping Il get my money back. I'l be onto the bank tomorrow to change my card and account details too.

I'm thinking of closing my paypal account, it just seems too risky these days!

Sorry to hear of your problem with PP.. it is very scary stuff indeed.. I ordered a "security fob" for 5 usd from PP.. (a member on this thread suggested it) it is like a small remote car alarm fob.. and you need to use that everytime you log into PP.

If your not too late and your PP is aligned with your bank account, call customer service now and stop payment !! that way you need not file a dispute to recieve your funds back... it usually takes the bank a few dy's and especially over the weekend.. PP "fronts" the money to the vendor then your money goes to a clearing house then to PP.. that is why the long wait once your money leaves your account..

So, by all means if you can .. put a "Stop payment" now with your bank

Cheers

lani

You give the 'love' you receive the 'love' Lani!! You give plenty, so it's only fair we jump in to help out when you need it!!

Thats really rough b16a2, I really hope you get it sorted bud!!

These guys are getting way smarter than when I first started fixing and working in IT. Back then it was an outrage if your PC got hacked, nowadays it seems to be the norm! Thankfully big corps are catching these guys, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and making them come up wit the goods so they can further safe guard what is ours!

PP are geting to be rather a large risk. Looks like it's time for a token fob. Damn! another one. allrerady got two on my keys. Going to need a seperate keyring for security tokens soon! Glad it got sorted bro. Sounds like you were lucky to strike such an honest vendor.

B16A2: Good luck with your claim as well.

Col.

thanks you for taking the time to give me the push Sub !!!.. so to speak.. I needed it.. :) .. the funds are "on hold" so we'll see.. that's 400 usd that is floating in cyber space.. that is irratating as heck !!! :angry:

what is scary .. is I would have had no clue.. if I didn't have my BB .. at the time.

It is a scam I get them 3 or 4 times a week,I checked it out one time and told my wife,after she choke slammed me she told me it was a scam and to never open them again,so sayeth the lord,lol

Edited by sambo15

It is a scam I get them 3 or 4 times a week,I checked it out one time and told my wife,after she choke slammed me she told me it was a scam and to never open them again,so sayeth the lord,lol

BTW,I have Zonealarm and it protects all of my personal info GREAT!!!

It IMO,is by far the best against hackers.