When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Monaco lovers/fetishists.....It's Finally Here!

docblackrock

Sorry, it's not a decent rep sorry :fishing::p but it is exciting Monaco news nonetheless....

First up then...the one that started it all, the famous c.11-powered (with lefty crown at 9).....

The Tag Heuer Monaco 1969 Original Re-Edition

1969-2009: to commemorate this historic anniversary, TAG Heuer has proudly republished this iconic blue-dial timepiece in a limited series of 1,000 pieces with an exclusive case back signed by Jack Heuer and engraved in honour of its mythical ambassador Steve McQueen. Outfitted with the Calibre 11 movement, its other classic features include pushbuttons at 2 and 4 o’clock, crown at 9, counters at 9 and 3, hand-applied date window at 6 o’clock, and diamond-tipped horizontal hours indexes.

picture29dq4.png

Gorgeous ain't she? :wub:

The watch will come with some additional goodies like two straps (perforate racing shown here and a blue croc) and a LE McQueen book with unpublished photos etc. Nice.

Next up, a subtle but attractive new take on the original, although with a "new" c.12....(modern re-engineered movement, switch to normal crown-at-3 configuration)

The Monaco Classic Chronograph

To celebrate the MONACO’s 40th anniversary, TAG Heuer is proud to present a new collection of Classic Chronograph fitted with a TAG Heuer Calibre 12 automatic movement. Directly inspired by the original design, these chronographs adorn a sapphire crystal glass and a case back allowed to see the beat of the Caliber 12. Standout features include a dark blue alligator strap and stylish silver and blue dial with red hands. The new, fashion-forward animation on the chronograph dial is completely in line with the line’s iconic heritage.

picture18eu3.pngpicture10lt2.png

picture26hx9.png

Both of these two 'retro' models have something that is long overdue to the modern Monaco series.....sapphire crystal! Check it out....

picture22gk1.png

And finally, the rumour going round is that 5 years after announcing the concept movement, the V4 Monaco production model may be taking a bow at Baselworld/SIHH.

And it may well be in skeleton guise as per the concept. Sign me up! :drool:

picture28su1.png

You and me both JTB!! I was on this thread like a rat up a drainpipe!!

You stinker DocB!!! lol, they sound like they are going to look the nuts!! Got no 'eyes' here or online so not sure what they look like, but they certainly sound good!!

Too juicy a bait clearly judging by the response :fishing: I can see I'm going to need a bigger net with this one, mwahahaha.... :D

Nice to see Jack W get Babin to reinvest in the Heritage line again, I really thought it was a goner, what with all the bastardising (Grand Carrera crap) of late.

Methinks I'm going to have to indulge my still-unrequited Monaco lust in the coming months, trouble is which one? :g:

The LE is the obvious choice and I'm lucky enough to be able to get my mitts on one all being well, but then it's a big premium and the temptation to safe-queen it. The V4 is the apotheosis of the series, an ultra-modern reinterpretation of the old classic (like comparing a Macbook Air to the old beige-grey Macintosh SE) but a truly remarkable achievement. And then there's the middle-ground....the profit-generating 'Classic' chrono, much nicer in twin-chrono layout than the current tricompax, a nod to the original but lacking its soul, would have to be in a black dial preferably (the synonymous blue dial is crying out for the c.11 LE).

Decisions, decisions....