When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My "classic" Sub From Josh

PeteTO

here are my first attempts at pics of the sub i recieved from josh....

pug helped me late into the night to make em work!!! thanks again pug!!

im still tryin to take more pics as well as some comparison to my canal st sub shots

enjoy!

94696-27565.jpg

94696-27566.jpg

94696-27567.jpg

94696-27568.jpg

Pete

Edited by PeteTO

From the pictures, I wouldn't know it wasn't genuine. Can't see the pearl to clearly, but the dial, rehaut depth and crystal look genuine. And for a "classic," there are no lug holes and the end link appears solid. I never got the impression from the pictures on Josh's website that his classic sub looked this accurate. Am I missing something that the picture hides?

here are my first attempts at pics of the sub i recieved from josh....

pug helped me late into the night to make em work!!! thanks again pug!!

im still tryin to take more pics as well as some comparison to my canal st sub shots

enjoy!

95091-27484.jpg

95091-27485.jpg

Pete

I don't think you have the watch you think you have - but maybe it's just the pics have me confused.

I have every Sub/SD Joshua sells, and several of each of the best ones, and I believe that you have his best contemporary sub with the new case and crown guards. If so, it is not the "classic" sub that he was selling on his photobucket site as his best for so long (although that was real nice and I have some of those), but a new style I bought a few of when he first sourced it a few months ago.

I could be mistaken, so you better ask Joshua, but I have them all right here. On his "Classic" from Photobucket, the crown guards don't look good, and you'll notice his pics show the stem out. His newest version of that watch has much better crown guards - I think he upgraded you.

It has seemed odd to me that his new case didn't get much commentary - I guess it was overlooked because he came out with his "perfect" series almost immediately after that.

If yours is what I think it is, it is one of my favorites in the contemporary, no lug hole design.

Bill

I don't think you have the watch you think you have - but maybe it's just the pics have me confused.

If yours is what I think it is, it is one of my favorites in the contemporary, no lug hole design.

Bill

Just consulted with Josh, you have been upgraded to this watch

Your Watch

If, for any reason, you think you prefer the old one - you just let me know.

;)

Bill

I have every Sub/SD Joshua sells, and several of each of the best ones, and I believe that you have his best contemporary sub with the new case and crown guards. If so, it is not the "classic" sub that he was selling on his photobucket site as his best for so long (although that was real nice and I have some of those), but a new style I bought a few of when he first sourced it a few months ago.

I could be mistaken, so you better ask Joshua, but I have them all right here. On his "Classic" from Photobucket, the crown guards don't look good, and you'll notice his pics show the stem out. His newest version of that watch has much better crown guards - I think he upgraded you.

It has seemed odd to me that his new case didn't get much commentary - I guess it was overlooked because he came out with his "perfect" series almost immediately after that.

Bill

I haven't seen a better modern sub. I also am surprised this hasn't received more attention, because it apears to have corrected glaring flaws that members point always out. Other opinions.....?

I haven't seen a better modern sub. I also am surprised this hasn't received more attention, because it apears to have corrected glaring flaws that members point always out. Other opinions.....?

I'll leave the expert critiques to the experts - which I am not. However, while I do not have the expertise, I do have the watches themselves sitting here in front of me.

To me, I keep Subs/SDs straight in my mind as vintage, classic (lug holes), and contemporary (no lug holes). I am more quality than price conscious - I cannot tell you anything about the inexpensive ones.

The contemporary sub that this guy bought, is exceptionally nice, and an obvious improvement over Joshua's prior model. I don't argue with experts, but if this isn't the most bang for the buck as contemporary subs go, someone needs to show me why.

I have the contemporary MBW equivalent sitting right here too. I'd be anxious to have our experts compare it to this watch, just as they come off the shelf.

Bill

just got back from campin....darn perfect clones site is down!! what watch is this? i just ordered the one off his site? what link is that to the PC site? im all confused lol

im gonna take some more pics of this one a bit later tonight....

Pete

From this far the Sub looks great... but could you post bigger pictures of your watch from different angles? It's quite hard to say anything from those small pics, they're almost like thumbnails. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...