When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Having a gen 210 pvd.

pizzanooo

Just picked up a 210 and sending it off for pvd soon. Been thinking that gold hands would look nice on it with the black case ect.

What do you guys think?

Also, having the dial redone as another option. Take out Panerai on the bottom and replace it with the logo, leave the hands alone. Leaning towards this franken option. Any other suggestions, thoughts or opinions you have are greatly appreciated.

logozp6.jpg

IMO, PVD or DLC Coating will look better on a Luminor as opposed to a Radiomir.

As to franken'ing the dial, I wouldn't do it. Try it on a rep and see if you like it first. After all, I believe Davidsen is offering a PVD Radiomir.

2 cents worth...

IMO, PVD or DLC Coating will look better on a Luminor as opposed to a Radiomir.

As to franken'ing the dial, I wouldn't do it. Try it on a rep and see if you like it first. After all, I believe Davidsen is offering a PVD Radiomir.

2 cents worth...

Way ahead of you there my friend. :) The Luminors just are`nt doing it for me right now. Vac has modded several Luminors (202a, 009 ect ) for me in the past that I got from david.

I have a Ds 210 pvd now and its the reason I bought the gen for the mod. The rad case is my choice for now. B)

Thanks.

the 210 is a classic and i would not recommend any of this. it would be like a woman getting a breast reduction. if it was a rep it wouldn't matter but not a gen. i love the look of pvd but in all honesty, pvd is probably a fad. companies will produce them for a few years and then people will be over it. if that's the case, this will be very hard to re-sell. i see people from time to time change the hands to gold and then, what do you know? it's up for sale. i can only assume that they were not happy with the outcome. if it ain't broke don't fix it ... just my $0.02. all the best.

Way ahead of you there my friend. :) The Luminors just are`nt doing it for me right now. Vac has modded several Luminors (202a, 009 ect ) for me in the past that I got from david.

I have a Ds 210 pvd now and its the reason I bought the gen for the mod. The rad case is my choice for now. B)

Thanks.

I hear you. :) Well in that case, seems like your mind is all made up! Go for it my friend, after all, the satisfaction will be all yours to savour.

Godspeed on the project and I can't wait to see it.

An individual's creation in the mind is like an Art, some love it, others not so.... Make it a Reality and you'll be glad you did!

You are a brave man.. modding a gen PAM... PVDing the case is one thing.. but messing with the dial!!

A modded gen dial.. some ppl will doubt the authenticity of it.. might as well mod a rep dial... and sell the gen dial to a fellow member and recoup some money.....

Just my view....

Congrats on the gen buy... always a buzz getting a gen....

I need another one soon...................hmmmmm

I would keep the gen 210 the way it is. If I were to build what you mentioned, might as well be a rep 210. The farthest I'd go is to PVD/DLC a rep caseset with the gen 210 internals and caseback for a franken, then swapping back if you ever decide to sell it.

the 210 is a classic and i would not recommend any of this. it would be like a woman getting a breast reduction. if it was a rep it wouldn't matter but not a gen. i love the look of pvd but in all honesty, pvd is probably a fad. companies will produce them for a few years and then people will be over it. if that's the case, this will be very hard to re-sell. i see people from time to time change the hands to gold and then, what do you know? it's up for sale. i can only assume that they were not happy with the outcome. if it ain't broke don't fix it ... just my $0.02. all the best.

+1

Congrats on the gen buy... always a buzz getting a gen....

I need another one soon...................hmmmmm

OTOTOT

kye_lin, have you sold your gen Fiddy yet? Market's pretty quiet and everyone seems to be dumping their gens...

What are you thinking of getting next?

I thought as well to DLC a 210.. it will look VERY COOL to me... BUT.. gold hands will do a great contrast and they will look odd with the black case.. I think it will ruin the balance of the watch.. GOld hands in a SS 210 i would say yes.. on a pvd no..

Ahhh.. and don't really mess the dial.. I think it is stupid for someone who is member of the rep community. If you want a franken make a rep franken one. Don't ruin the genuine...

Would love to see your 210 DLC'd. but nothing else..

Thank you for all the input, maybe I`ll put that dial mod on the back burner after all. Will still have the case done, and keep the hands stock as well. Can always photoshop those to see what it would look like ahead of time. Then change out later, have those already.

Thanks again for all your opinions guys.

Pizz

You better love it because you will own it - forever. :lol: On a serious note, since you are not trying to create a gen (rather you are destroying its gen qualities) why don't you save the gen case set just in case you ever change your mind and buy a new SS rep case and send that out for proper PVD. That preserves maximum optionality just in case you ever tire of the Darth Vader look.

You better love it because you will own it - forever. :lol: On a serious note, since you are not trying to create a gen (rather you are destroying its gen qualities) why don't you save the gen case set just in case you ever change your mind and buy a new SS rep case and send that out for proper PVD. That preserves maximum optionality just in case you ever tire of the Darth Vader look.

Sound advice I recommend taking Pizza