When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CrownGuards?

El_Cid

Can you guys decipher the lingo... JzF???AFAIK??? /Where? I dont get it

Thank you

EC

AFAIK: As Far As I Know - a commonly used abbreviation in internet fora of all kind

JzF: jiimmyzfu - a watch collector (mostly vintage Seiko) and former seller of high end PAM Cases, Crown Guards, hands and crystals. Out of (this PAM) business, though.

I have played with a number of them and IMHO the best one to start with is the one which comes on the cheap Asian version. The reason is that the Asian has the crown too close to the case so the lever on the CG is that iota longer than the 117 cg which enables you to put it on a 117 swiss version and file down that case tube that little bit to get the right distance between the crown and the case. Also certain modders can make you a better pin and rebrush. But the basic cg is pretty darn good.

Awesome... i guess I should learn more about internet lingo... and abrebiations.

I just wonder if I want to make a Franken Pam 127 from GEN parts how can I start. I have a case from puretime ( It is ok I think, canon pinnion, Sapphire AR and lume( not so great from puretime;))... I work in the precision field and I can spot fake form and original... Money buys precision. (Bad economy does not help :( )

Replicas have their limitations and I understand... but boy!!! I really want a kick azz looking pam.

So if you guys have any leads... Please, your help is greatly appreciated.

I would like a

Dial,

new improved gold hands

bevel and polish bridges specially at the main bridge were the synthetic rubies are.

one Crown Guard with the correct measurements and more depressed registration marks or OEM.

I know it is a crazy list but that is my project for this year... hopefully I can get all of the items mention before soon.

thank you all,

Regards,

El Cid