When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question on the correct lume for 3719 Slevin

RWG Technical

Thanks everyone, I thought it was only the seconds at 9 that was done...

@omeega

Send me a PM...

I can't remember what is correct or not for the 2006 CD but I can tell you, your blue lume work is AMAZING...and the orange glow on the chrono seconds and chrono subs is awesome. The little bit of orange glow is most excellent!!!

Ziggy, you are correct as usual .. Par the Course !! it was Watcher that corrected the membership to this.. when asked "what would the blue lume look like on the Slevin"

Certainly would look different.

The lume is green on the gen. I will add that the 12 and 6 subdial hands are not lumed on the gen. Only the seconds at 9 is lumed. A few have made that mistake already I've noticed.

edit add: sorry.. it's the time of day when I sped right past watchers post.. :doh:

I am not a stickler for accuracy when compared to a gen. For my case, I am happy that The Zigmeister lumed all the subdials when he was working on it. B)

Agreed!! I think it's kind of silly that IWC wouldn't lume the 3 additional hands. I mean...who doesn't need to use their chronos underwater...or in deep dark caves? Well...maybe not me...but if I paid $5,000 for a watch...I would like to know that I could if I wanted to!!

I need to be mindful .. (for myself) that Ziggy is a perfectionist.. and I need to be thorough in "my" research so when I fill out the work order, I can give the details that I need to... I don't think it's fair to leave it up to someone else.

and I'm posting this because I have made errors in "my" detail.. not Ziggy

With all the work Ziggy does on top of everything else 'I' need to get it right.. or the responsibility falls on me.. :)

jus ma 02

You are right Lani.... Its important that the order form is filled out to your requirements. The details should not be left out especially if you are stickler for all these things.

Being a noob, my knowledge of the differences between gens and reps are pretty shallow and thus I am easy. Watch serviced and lumed is all I need to know. If there's other details I know, I'll list it down.

It's good to know that The Zigmeister's more detailed than I am as the watch will always come back to me better than how I expected it to be. :thumbsupsmileyanim: