When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Evolution UTC Module - found and installed!

TmeShare

After a very long search I finally found an Evolution analog UTC Module (I call it the Evolution UTC Module as the Breitling Evolution watch requires a special link to attach the module to the watch - the special link is etched "UTC" on the top where it attaches to the watch case). In addition, after a long search I located a UTC Breitling bracelet. For a while I felt like I was trying to find the HOly Grail as these two items were very elusive and 2 Breitling AD's I tried to use to find the UTC module were useless (one in Beverly Hills and one in NY) and I had to chase after both of them to get answers - not good service Breitling!!

I was concerned that after all my work that the OEM UTC model with the special link would not fit but I was quite impressed with the fit on my Breitling Evolution (one of the top models sold by Eddie when he was still around). It snapped right in with a perfect fit and no bending of spring bars or other nuisances. I guess in this case 1:1 was true.

I have tried the watch and UTC on a black OEM Breitling Sharkskin UTC strap made for the deploy as I thought the UTC would show up more but I decided on the Breitling UTC bracelet based on a better fit for my wrist.

I do not know how to post photos but if someone is willing to post them for me I will send them to you.

TimeShare

ΟΚ guys,TS has just sent me the pictures,so there you go :thumbsupsmileyanim:

(Curt,it is a beauty mate :clap: )

Thanks so much for posting the photos. Sorry to the members on the bad photos but they are better than none!!

In answer to the bracelet question, half the bracelet (the UTC module side and the clasp) is from a cheaper replica which luckily had screws and the the 12" O'clock side is from the bracelet that came with the Evolution (I could not use the cheaper replica bracelet on the 12 O'clock side as the end link would not fit tight against the case).

So in all the watch required the following:

- higher end replica Evolution watch,

- half of the original bracelet (12 O'clock side down to clasp but not including clasp),

- half of a cheaper UTC bracelet (6 O'clock side that attaches to utc Module - they are rare but their are lower end Evolution watches out there with the UTC and bracelet but my seller could only find a white one),

- an OEM Evolution UTC module and OEM special link.

As I mentioned in the first post - alot of work and searching to put my Evolution together.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

As I mentioned in the first post - alot of work and searching to put my Evolution together.

So you had to essentially have a "donor" cheaper UTC bracelet just to get that half a bracelet that would work...or did you have to get a whole donor watch for this?? Which dealer was able to source this stuff for you?

The final product looks great!!

So you had to essentially have a "donor" cheaper UTC bracelet just to get that half a bracelet that would work...or did you have to get a whole donor watch for this?? Which dealer was able to source this stuff for you?

The final product looks great!!

Hello

The watch used was not the donor but a cheaper bracelet ended up being a partial donor for half a bracelet. The OEM and the better half bracelet and the better watch where main contributors. The hardest to find is the OEM UTC module and special link. Saw it on German e-bay and hesitated and it was gone, took another year and half to locate a real one. I looked for some time and found a real OEM UTC Module, as I mentioned I was impressed with the 7750 Evolution as the module snapped right in place with no drama. It would have been so much easier if the sellers had made a UTC module version. No seller on the board even thought that a Evolution UTC replica existed and my contact in NY located a white one (module of no use but the bracelet came in handy). All in all it was a long but satisfying search.

Timeshare