When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Addict Here... :-)

Cyfer

Heya everyone, new guy here just introducing myself. Residing from TX, USA, where I am recently introduced to my new addiction. Expensive addiction to say the least. Luckily, I found this site today after scouring the internet, reading up and researching on watches and timepieces, since I made my first big timepiece purchase a few weeks ago. A Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 L.E. RS2. I was never big on watches or appreciated them for what they're worth, till now. The detail, the workmanship, the style, their unique characteristics.

So, what brought me here was as I researched the web on watches, I noticed there were alot of replica shops online and started observing the differences in detail on a rep vs. a gen. Decided I wanted to buy more pieces, but didn't want to pay the hefty tag I did for my RS2, so began researching the replicas on what to look for and how to identify the different makers and characteristics. I spent all afternoon reading up on this site and can already say thank you for the wealth of knowledge that this site and its members hold. Will definitely be supporting the site and already ready to buy a rep LV Tambour Chronograph from TrustyTime. Hope to continue to learn more from the site and hopefully provide some info in the future after I move up from noob level.

Just for the hell of it, here's a pic of my first timepiece that I took on top of the piano. If anyone needs me to take any other close up pics for genuine comparison, let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

DSC_0502.jpg

:welcomeani: Cyfer. That is a beautiful Tag. I love the SLR line. I have not been here quite two months and Im on my second rep. Just orderd a Pam 196 daylight. I would have never considerd this brand before I arrived here. I was a Omega and Tag man. RWG has opend my eyes and mind to all kinds of timepeices. Thanks for the pic. Enjoy your new hobby(obsession) ;) Mike

Thanks for the welcome and replies fellas. Yea, I don't regret spending that chunk of change for the RS2 at all, even though all my buds said it was crazy. Hey, all that matters is the wife didn't say no, PLUS, she bought it for me! :-p

Now I'm off to buy my first Rep. LV Tambour. :-D

OMG, wow. This site and all the referring site is driving me nuts!! It's been another day wasted at work looking at all the watches and prioritizing which rep I'm going to buy next. Picked up a LV Tambour from TrustyTime this afternoon, so I'll sit here patiently and wait. My guys here at worked pretty much stated that I'm an absolute junkie. It's like crack now... I need to more!!!