When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can Someone Please Help Me With The Removal Of Links From A Tag Heuer Link Bracelet?

infinitime

post-812-1154204849_thumb.jpgI just got a beautiful blue dialed one from joshua and decided to remove my own links. I am pretty retarded when it comes to these thing but i did it and really was surprised at how easy it turned out to be. You have to push the pin out at the end of the bracelet where the "links" meet the solid portion of the bracelet. You need to lay the watch on its side and push towards the crown and pushers. Mine came with arrows pointing this way so i got a thumbtack and a pair of pliars and pushed the pin about 3 mms out and then pulled the pin carefully with needle nose pliars . be carefull not to bend it cause its gotta go back in. Once that is out the links come apart from the center. You will need a small screwdriver or a very sharp finger nail to then unscrew the next link. You will see what i mean once you get the first link off. i dont know all of the technical jargon but once you get the links portion of the bracelet seperated from the clasp portion it is a matter of unscrewing the next one. I will try to post some pictures to help demonstrate this. In the picture you will see a small hole to the left of the pin that looks like a screw, that is where you need to push out the pin (not the screw) or the pin to right side of that screw to make the links on that side shorter. In my tag i had to push towards the crown. Hope this helps at all. if you get that pin out and cant figure it out post again and i will take my band apart and take pics to show ya. Good luck. After my last fiasco with my AD trying to get links out of my PO, i figured i best do it myself and save everyone the headache. Good luck again.

Dustin

Edited by ToothDoc

post-812-1154206348_thumb.jpg

Before everyone busts my balls for the crappy pic, relax. i just took it where i was sitting cause i keep saying i will post a pic and never do. Anyway, I got this one from Joshua who really is a great dealer. I have only purchased a few reps from this site but every one i have purchased has been above and beyond my expectations. I own a few gens and was wary of reps, but they have really impressed me as have the dealers featured here at rwg. The quality of this particular rep compared to the genuine is amazing. Apart from the off centered date wheel there are really no glaring, stand out discrepenies. Its funny because everyone posts these larger than life pics and point out miniscule problems, but once you get it on your wrist you do not hardly notice the probs and 99% of the world wont see the probs either. Anyway sorry about hijacking the thread with my rambling.

Just bought a Tag Heuer Link rep from King... beautiful watch, but I can't figure out how the links on the bracelet detach? There are no visible screws and the little detents on the back of each link seem to be decorative only?

Here You can find a tutorial to resize Tag Link bracelet:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=At...ost&id=1993

Cheers

post-812-1154206348_thumb.jpg

Before everyone busts my balls for the crappy pic, relax. i just took it where i was sitting cause i keep saying i will post a pic and never do.

Thanks, pic is pretty good, really. :)

I fully agree with you: i 've owned for a month a black dial Tag like yours and it's gorgeous.

Hi I read the report on how to resize the Links Bracelet on the Tag Heuer, Does anyone know if the reps have the internal screws inside? The Rep I purchased does not have the internal screws, also it did not have the engravings on the back of the watch. It was stamped with black ink? It is the Tiger Woods Links.

Also the crown does not screw down. I am looking for a Tag Heuer that is closer in quality to my gen. Any sugesstions.