When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6152 Angelus Brown Dial pics...

projectologist

This is the vintage from VDB that has changed the way I'm going to collect and build watches. He has created a piece that wreaks authentic down to the smallest detail... a true hommage both in spirit and accuracy.

I tried to capture the wonderful contrast between the different metals in the movement (I know that's getting pretty geeky, but to me the Angelus is a thing of beauty). The strap compares very well to several pictured in "Vintage Panerai" and the dial/hands are even more amazing in person.

V has taken his craft to an even higher level for 2009... and as evidenced by his latest Cali creation, we are in for some very special treats!

Hope you like the pics!

browndial04.jpg

browndial02.jpg

browndial03.jpg

browndial01.jpg

browndial05.jpg

this watch is very interesting to me as i just bought a 203 dial and am looking for parts to make a watch out of it. may i ask is it a real angelus movement?. i have heard there isnt a rep of it, but if there is that would be great. if this is real any ideas how much it would cost

thanks

this watch is very interesting to me as i just bought a 203 dial and am looking for parts to make a watch out of it. may i ask is it a real angelus movement?. i have heard there isnt a rep of it, but if there is that would be great. if this is real any ideas how much it would cost

thanks

Yes, this is a gen movement. I believe the cost of a working Angelus movement has been discussed in several threads. The 203 came with the non-alarm version which is quite expensive and even harder to find.

I'm not really sure how much a movement by itself would cost as I purchased this as a complete watch and the movement in mine is the modified alarm version.

Keep us posted on your 203 project!

Pleasant surprise... after wearing the 6152 for a couple of days, I noticed that it keeps very accurate time. Typically I really don't care how accurate a vintage piece is re. keeping time. For me a watch like this is not a daily wearer at work or for being on time for appointments. But it is nice to know that the movement has been treated very well. Thank you VDB!