When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which wait is worse?

rogerthat

Part of the enjoyment of this hobby is the excitement that comes with every purchase.

Curious to hear others opinions on this, but I have some watches being modded right now and I can't tell you how anxious a feeling it is.

I am not sure why, but it feels like the wait for mods to be done creates more excitement/anxiousness than waiting for a new watch to arrive.

Not in a bad way, just different.

Maybe it is becuase with a new watch, you have more of a time table and a tracking number - in most cases.

I have only sent my watches out recently and the wait is already killing me. I am not going to be that guy and ask status updates I am just going to sit here and bite my nails to the bone awaiting my watches to be returned in a modded state.

I keep checking the site often to see if my watch being modded may appear in a how-to post or worse, a beware of this happening type post!!!

I have sent out watches before for mods, and I recall having the same feeling then. The wait for a new watch from a dealer or reseller does not have as intense a feeling of impateniece, or is it just me? I know the watches are in good hands so it is not a nervous feeling.

i think even worse than both is having a watch that you're not happy with until you make some modifications, and having to wait either i) for parts to arrive or ii) for services to be rendered (ie. the next chieftang double AR run or your ziggy time slot that is months away).

for me at least, once the watches are off to the modder, the hard work and waiting is already done ;)

just my $0.02,

deltatahoe

i find the waiting for the watch itself is more frustrating that anything.. after that its fun finding and waiting for parts to arrive. A lot of times i'll be in a big hurry to get a new watch, then it sits around and takes me a year to mod it haha

I would say waiting for the mods to be completed. I just sent my PAM 111 to get relumed and AR'd and I miss it. I loved that watch as is and I was hesitant to send it for modding because I didn't want to not be able to wear it for a long time. When I get it back though it will all be worth it and then there is no reason for it to leave my wrist/watch box.