When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

As a nooby, buying a replica is no simple matter.

dennis3506

Any ladies contemplating a watch? have a look at the Rolex explorer 1, excellent value at Josh's site with free shipping and a high beat movement, I would tend to stay away from the ETA version unless it was guaranteed to be so, in fact it's a great first buy for anyone. Of course it's a man's watch but the size suits women well too.

@pollux, my original question was stupid as this explorer doesn't have a GMT hand... which one is it that does? Also, this is the watch I think that will be my 'reward' purchase with my first paycheck from my new job lol

naa i have to say i think it will be this one...http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss10010-beginmariner-asia-2813-free-shipping-p-2304.html

Edited by spider87

@pollux, my original question was stupid as this explorer doesn't have a GMT hand... which one is it that does? Also, this is the watch I think that will be my 'reward' purchase with my first paycheck from my new job lol

naa i have to say i think it will be this one...http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss10010-beginmariner-asia-2813-free-shipping-p-2304.html

That's a great watch for the money Spider, check with Josh if you can get a high beat version though, for the smooth sweep.

I said that I know exactly want I want, an Omega PO. You'd think nothing simpler. Wrong.

@Dennis - You have to embrace obtaining the knowledge my freind. If you are looking for that "instant graitification" I don't think you are going to have a fun time in this hobby. It's the journey, not the destination as they say. We are true watch freaks here and by and large embrace that knowledge gaining process. I realize though that that isn't for everyone and so I agree that maybe the best thing to do is just go find a market and pick up a few until you find one you like. It doesn't seem like you are really looking to collect or get into it in any depth anyway.

So let me help you out so you can be on your way and not waste any more time here or get anymore headaches from our guides: Pretty much any PO you get from any dealer will be the same and you get what you pay for. The best version is the so called 'Ultimate" Planet Ocean' (UPO) with the Swiss ETA clone movement in the two hundred dollarish range. It is the 45.5MM version. Anything which costs less won't be as flawless so to speak, but most are equally nice. The differential in cost will come from the movement. The same UPO watch I just mentioned with the cheaper Asian movement will be say a hundred bucks less.

So now you know what you need to know. Just pick one of the larger dealers and buy one and you will be pleased. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this--I recently ordered Bell&Ross watches from two different websites selling reps. Never received them and was lucky to get refunds after they kept stalling. I ordered from one of them via Paypal --and to me, that's the only way to go. Paypay protected me and finally got the refund.