When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp 007 "old School"

kdo2milger

Ah crap !! I was hoping you were gonna say it was $600 ...... at $250 I probably woulda got one .... :(

Still, the new ones are about $150 so maybe they were a bit expensive ..... ??

Take the cost of the watch $150

OEM Dial from Ofrei $200

OEM Bezel from Ofrie $150

OEM Hands $50

----------------------------------------

Total $550

That's alot for mods in my opinion, but hey, I just might......yikes, better stop right there before I pull the trigger on these parts......

Not even close. Add the cost of a 2892 movement, replacement caseback (shallower therefor more accurate, and fits now you've got the thinner movement) and maybe replace the watch body seeing as the He valve will still be wrong....

See, these old skool 007 SMPs were value, but I didn't know it at the time. Big mark-ups now for very good reasons, although getting one of the new ones with the He valve in the right place and replacing the face might be an option.......

Not even close. Add the cost of a 2892 movement, replacement caseback (shallower therefor more accurate, and fits now you've got the thinner movement) and maybe replace the watch body seeing as the He valve will still be wrong....

See, these old skool 007 SMPs were value, but I didn't know it at the time. Big mark-ups now for very good reasons, although getting one of the new ones with the He valve in the right place and replacing the face might be an option.......

Question - wouldn't the 2824 movement do or upgrading to the 2892 that much better? I am upgrading my SMP (from Silix) with the OEM Dial and OEM hands, but with an aftermarket insert, but leaving the 2824 movement in there.

both of mine that i got from eddie came with eta 2892-2's...so to me they were worth what i paid...

both of mine that i got from eddie came with eta 2892-2's...so to me they were worth what i paid...

It has since transpired that the '2892's in these watches were in fact Seagull ST-18 (licenced?) replicas of the ETA movement. Not a criticism, but in fact a testament to the high quality of the ST-18

Question - wouldn't the 2824 movement do or upgrading to the 2892 that much better? I am upgrading my SMP (from Silix) with the OEM Dial and OEM hands, but with an aftermarket insert, but leaving the 2824 movement in there.

Where do you buy the aftermarket insert ? Do you have it already ? I bought some off ebay but was not really satisfied with the quality, especially the colour. They were purple and not really blue...

Greetings

DJ

• 1 year later...

LoL....I also bought one from Eddie a few years ago. Same one. I haven't seen a better or more precise rep than this one. Of course, I haven't seen them all, but..........

I actually wear it more than the Seamaster Chrono, which I believe is also one of the best "out of the box reps". BTW, the bracelet is perfect!

You are joking, aren't you :lol:

There are certain 'Holy Grail' watches that have never been repped, and then there are the 'Holy Grail' of top-notch reps that came and went. This is one of the latter category.

Plenty has been written about this watch in this forum. A quick search of 'closed factory 007' will reveal all.....

• 5 months later...