When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake 18k Daydate

Ulich05

I hate to say it, but I think it's real.. Oysterquartz just plain sucks. I don't think I've EVER seen a proper rep of an Oysterquartz with the angled bracelet. I think it might have just been "restored" by a non-professional.

I hate to say it, but I think it's real.. Oysterquartz just plain sucks. I don't think I've EVER seen a proper rep of an Oysterquartz with the angled bracelet. I think it might have just been "restored" by a non-professional.

Very interesting! the lum markers are 7,8,9 are definitely not aligned with the stick marker. funny how such an imperfect watch can comand such a high price :(

Very interesting! the lum markers are 7,8,9 are definitely not aligned with the stick marker. funny how such an imperfect watch can comand such a high price :(

i had no idea that the quartz models were also being repped. i thnk they are really bad anyway. give me the auto pres any day

I bet it's real too. Simply because I've never seen a rep of OysterQuartz (echo z80). The OQ bracelet shouldn't look like that though.

Probably a genuine with aftermarket parts.

Check this site for more info about OQ.

http://www.oysterquartz.net/

One more finding into MAHLER's "when the date is misalligned in gens" box... :)

Don't mean to hijack the thread but check the date alignment on this 1680 that sells with documents and was serviced by Rolex in 2005 (they say)...where else...Ebay...savvyyyy? B)

post-2143-1154284265_thumb.jpg

The 19018 in the auction is a genuine OysterQuartz DD. Looks to be a bad restoration job by an inexperienced watchmaker, my guess is an independent not familiar with this model/case, etc. The dial is a relumed example; the offcenter misaligned lume dots indicate that. I would not be surprised if this watch was in bad shape prior, and a 'budget' restoration was performed to make the watch look better (relative term) but at a low price; you get what you pay for, eh? It would be highly suggested that whomever purchases this watch send it to the nearest RSC to have it re-done, though most likely at a high cost, which may elevate the overall purchase investment well past it's actual value and current market price.

The 1680 pictured from Bob Maron's auction is genuine. The date alignment is an artifact of the picture taken at an angle with the date cyclops causing an off aligned illusion.

On the 1680 from Bob Maron, the watch came out of the RSC in 2005 and of course they put on a new dial and hands, (probably tube and crown also). If you look at the bottom of the dial it says Swiss, not Swiss-T<25, for the tritium markers, which they no longer use.

And I agree w/ the Oysterquartz being real, even if the dial sucks. Those sellers aren't gonna mess w/ anything that's not legit, but as ubi says the dial sucks and RSC would replace it in a heartbeat for mucho dinero, nothing less. But who would want an Oysterquartz anyway?