When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does Narikaa's 42mm PO stack up against the UPO?

get buff

The bezel has the teeth cut like the 45mm version, not like the 42mm. The shape of the bezel in the side view is completely off too.

The engraved case back and the "seamaster" engraving on the clasp looks horrible. The engraving is too small on the clasp and with wrong font on the case back (P and O should be bigger than lanet and cean). The hands are too short and the second hand is too thick. The date position is wrong. The CO-AXIAL chronometer 600m/2000ft text on the dial is too small. The Omega logo is wrong: It does not have 'feet' on the gen. The date window is wrongly shaped. The lume markers should be placed more towards the rehaut. The bezel pearl sticks to far out, is too big and not in the right place. The bevel on the crown side of the case is too small - wrong case shape!! The HE valve is far too big. The case lugs are wrong and seem to be too short....

IMO it is an awful bad rep. But hey, it is cheap at about 1/30 of the gen.

If you want a watch with the words OMEGA PLANET OCEAN on the dial, go for it. If you want a good rep with great modding possibilities go for the UPO even if it is more expensive.

If it werent for the incorrect bezel teeth, I'd say it's a better rep then the 4th gen 42mm PO. The 4th gen (I think it's still being sold for $318 by the cartel) had a very ugly looking logo on the crown, and a gap between the endlink and first link of the bracelet, which was enough to turn me off.

Narikaa's has a correct looking crown and good bracelet fit (no gap). Yes, it's an Asian movement, but it's only $100. I have one coming.

I would hardly say that it only looks like a Planet Ocean if you've never seen a genuine. Refer to the thread covering it.

The bezel has the teeth cut like the 45mm version, not like the 42mm. The shape of the bezel in the side view is completely off too.

The engraved case back and the "seamaster" engraving on the clasp looks horrible. The engraving is too small on the clasp and with wrong font on the case back (P and O should be bigger than lanet and cean). The hands are too short and the second hand is too thick. The date position is wrong. The CO-AXIAL chronometer 600m/2000ft text on the dial is too small. The Omega logo is wrong: It does not have 'feet' on the gen. The date window is wrongly shaped. The lume markers should be placed more towards the rehaut. The bezel pearl sticks to far out, is too big and not in the right place. The bevel on the crown side of the case is too small - wrong case shape!! The HE valve is far too big. The case lugs are wrong and seem to be too short....

IMO it is an awful bad rep. But hey, it is cheap at about 1/30 of the gen.

If you want a watch with the words OMEGA PLANET OCEAN on the dial, go for it. If you want a good rep with great modding possibilities go for the UPO even if it is more expensive.

I think thats the whole point, if it was costing waaaay more and had all these inadequacies then it would be like wtf, but tbh seeing as it was

since i started the Narikaa PO thread, let me share with you why i did...

this is a damn nice watch - nice quality, look, feel...and at $95usd, it's a steal...yes - it's not accurate...but let me say...it has a nice dial, decent single AR, nice engraving, nice bracelet, etc, etc...whether or not the hands are a freaking millimeter off is not the point of why people like this rep...it's a great watch with nice detail AT A GREAT PRICE...and it's 42mm...

there's a lot of good quality in this great VALUE rep...

R-

since i started the Narikaa PO thread, let me share with you why i did...

this is a damn nice watch - nice quality, look, feel...and at $95usd, it's a steal...yes - it's not accurate...but let me say...it has a nice dial, decent single AR, nice engraving, nice bracelet, etc, etc...whether or not the hands are a freaking millimeter off is not the point of why people like this rep...it's a great watch with nice detail AT A GREAT PRICE...and it's 42mm...

there's a lot of good quality in this great VALUE rep...

R-

Agree with on your points, R, and I for one am happy with both 42s, black and orange bezel versions.... :D :D

i get that this forum has diff type of members: modders, repli-maniacs looking for perfection, etc...

it seems that sometimes the repli-m's forget that some of us just like watches, buy for the design/features and VALUE...

@TM --> i agree, too, this is a great watch for the money...and am awaiting for my orange bezel'd piece to arrive this week...

the only thing better than this watch, is having two of them... :peace:

You are missing my point entirely. What I am saying is it could be a lot better, without costing a penny more to manufacturer. Right now it is a canal street rep, if you would buy those, great.

This frenzy on Omega board for a 42 PO should tell the cartel that there is a HUGE pent up demand for a good 42.

three points...

1) it's FARRRRRRRR from a canal street rep...

2) i hear you...and understand that one might think if they got it right, they would sell more...but (see #3)

3) this is obviously a watch that was assembled with components already on-hand...it's simple economics...they used what they had - sunk costs; to make a hybrid'ish model...(i.e. the clasp is from the 45mm PO with "Professional" on it)...or used the tooling setup (i.e teeth on the 42mm cut like the 45mm)...

they figure if they make a nice one, most people won't notice the details some on this board do...obviously i don't know the "market research" the suppliers do (laughing as i type this!)...the market of repli-perfection buyers is probably a lot smaller (sarcasm implied) than the average joe who wants to buy a nice quality rep with a hallowed brand name....

this watch will sell volumes at a value-price...hence a LOT of profit for them...(ya think there aren't tons of members buying this watch from Narikaa b/c of it's value proposition?!)

an example: the Ebel Discovery is 99.5% accurate but costs 3x this watch...the volume of sales is low...hence, higher price to maintain profits...

i would lastly counter that the frenzy on this board is not just for 42mm PO...but rather you are seeing it's for a good quality/great value rep - from a respected dealer......

enjoy - R