When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

212 Crystal

js4tda

Our group is getting the pam 212 from EL, was wondering is there any way to the source an saphire crystal with AR from anywhere?

Nearly decided on something else other than 212 for this weeks purchase because of minearel crystal but could not resist this watch.

There was someone working on this but no news at the moment as far as I can tell... hoping they will be able to get one made to the right specifications and dimensions.

Search this section for the thread, I'm sure you'll find it easily enough.

I was involved in this project - it is not dead, rather having a rest. Jonathan was the main man behind this but he has had to break off from it for a while - I merely supplied measurements and drawings - but I have a source here that could do it. I will make some more enquiries next week.

Our group is getting the pam 212 from EL, was wondering is there any way to the source an saphire crystal with AR from anywhere?

Nearly decided on something else other than 212 for this weeks purchase because of minearel crystal but could not resist this watch.

the mineral crystal on this particular watch is superb.... because of the dome shape it looks like sapphire. personally i think a metal spacer ring for the movement may be the best upgrade IMHO.

thanks finepics...i think many of us would like to swap out for a saphire with AR...any word on any spacer upgrades for the movement...love looking at the 7753 but hate seeing that white plastic spacer... :whistling:

• 1 month later...
Just waiting for the next sample to come through to try out - there was a small miscalculation with the dimensions that had to be corrected. They will be appearing soon.

Thank you the update! I'd like to get two if possible when the poject is complete.

• 3 weeks later...