When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7031 arrived

lanikai

My 7031 arrived ... I have the more vintage bezel mounted for now,.. the black bezel is first version.. the SS was put on later models.. I am in the process of sourcing the SS bezel also.. what do you guy's think ?? The SS makes the case look a little wider and kinda flows .. whereas the black vintage bezel is a little different..

It may be I'm just used to viewing the SS.. so I am asking for thoughts.. from those that are versed in the vintage lines.. I think having both would be the answer .. but what do you think ?

thanks in Advance

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

tudormontecristo009.jpg

tudormontecristo002.jpg

edit add: actually I couldn't find any pics of the genuine with the SS bezel, although it does exist on the genuine.. I'm not sure if it was added at a service center, later after purchase ...

Pics of the genuine from an offering.. http://10pastten.com/2008/08/27/ta359.aspx

Personally, I'd keep the black bezel you have now on there, it looks more sporty I think. BTW - I guess I'm out of the loop on this one, is it franken or genuine? If franken, is it a Valjoux or Poljot movement? Either way, it sure looks good, congrats on getting that one.

Cheers B)

thank you SC.. it is the valjoux 7734 and it is a Franken .. the 7159 MC has the SS bezel, the 7159 also has a little different dial, there is a 7169 with a divers bezel without the chrono numerals.. .. so I am thinking the SS bezel may have been added to the 7031 at the Rolex Service Center at a later date.. so it is still accurate.. the black bezel is the original bezel for the 7031., it comes with the riveted bracelet, but a leather strap was also used for the 7031 .. so if I do swap for the SS bezel, it would not be the original bezel for the 7031

It sure looks cool with the SS.. but maybe for accuracy I should keep the black one..

thank you for your post though..

Lani

The watch looks good on your wrist Lani. Personally, I like the look of the 7159.

Cheers

thank you very much Samu !!

these tudors were made only for a very short period.. so nailing any history on them is challenging .. and yes, the black bezel is growing on me .. like the 1655 the SS bezel was available when the watch traveled to the service center.. so any genuine with the original bezel in good condition is worth a lot more.. so for accuracy sake.. thanks for your validation !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Welcome to the Monte Carlo club Lani. Personally i prefer the ss bezel the black doesn't really do it for me. Where did you source this one...?

Here's mine with ss

tc-05.jpg

Cheers

P.

thank you P..

but .. ya had to go ahead and post the beautiful SS bezel.... :cry2: oh well, it's good to have variety in the club... :good: ... :lol:

Phong made me an offer I jus couldn't turn down.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. He's willing to sell me the SS bezel.. I think I may take him up on that .. although he say's the black is more accurate for this model.. I should get it ..another good offering from Phong man..

thanks again

L

Lani,

I prefer the ss bezel. It seems to play off against the bracelet better. I also noticed you're wearing "the ring". Is it new?

Cheers,

Wally

yeah Wally.. who asked you ?? :p .. your not in the club... :brow:

just kidding ma man, I think I' leave the black bezel on for a spell but source the SS,.. these franken parts are not cheap!!

... the "ring" belongs in all the wristis .. and btw.. the proper way to wear jewelry is so the logo can be read by peeps facing you.. in case anyone thinks I got it on backwards... :lol:

edit add: ... pole ... that is a very cool strap.. the colours...nice... i gotta email westcoast and ask him about more straps.. like I don't have enough.. sheesh..

not my thing, but i can see the appeal ;)

lani, you should track down the nato polexpete has his on -- i think it sets the watch off nicely...

congrats on the new toy :victory:

deltatahoe

Thanks B !!

I'm on it.. just replied to an email from westcoast.. I was ordering for another watch so.. thanks to Pole ... fo sure his Nato looks custom made for the dial !!!

thanks Jimster .. yup TMG is the member "again" that give inspiration.. although .. never say never.. cause this is the last one outside a genuine that I thought I would spring for.. it is kinda "abstract" dial art...

Congrats R! I see it arrived -welcome to the MC club.

I vote the ss bezel (my opinion is a bit jaded of course) although the acrylic bezel is more accurate.

Here's a gen 7032 pix, you can see the flaw in the J&W ss bezel -the 225 and 250 tach markings are positioned wrong.

Tudor207031-steel-1.jpg

A rally strap is another choice, the one below is a grained leather from Squinky on ebay/TZ. Now a custom rally strap in gator would be nice... :g:

DSCN4865.jpg

The black bezel is the correct bezel for the 7031/0. The correct bezel for the 7032/0 is the stainless steel one.

I love mine, but the space between the lume "home plate" markers and the ring is wrong for this watch. I wish we could source the correct dials for these! Maybe The Zigmeister could remove the current lume and add it in the correct location????

These are perfect clones except for the dial error if you have the 7734!

The black bezel is the correct bezel for the 7031/0. The correct bezel for the 7032/0 is the stainless steel one.

I love mine, but the space between the lume "home plate" markers and the ring is wrong for this watch. I wish we could source the correct dials for these! Maybe Ziggy could remove the current lume and add it in the correct location????

These are perfect clones except for the dial error if you have the 7734!

thanks indy .. Phong advised me to wear the watch for a month.. if after that I want to swap for the ss which as TMG and you note makes in technically a 7032 he will do it for me n/c .. so I have a month to see... I really like both "looks" to bad they are not easily interchangable :)