When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What color is 16610 dial text?

mjmurphy926

Yes, my 1680 and three 16800 dials are all a nice white white- no grey. 16610 is the same- actually the same dial is used for the 16800 and the 16610- dial feet are in the same place, date window, etc. Bezel assembly and insert are also the same for 16800 and 16610. Rolex quit using tritium in around 1999 and switched to luminova in 2000 for about one year- denoted by Swiss at the bottom of the dial. Since then they've used super luminove, denoted by 'Swiss Made' on the dial.

Yes, my 1680 and three 16800 dials are all a nice white white- no grey. 16610 is the same- actually the same dial is used for the 16800 and the 16610- dial feet are in the same place, date window, etc. Bezel assembly and insert are also the same for 16800 and 16610. Rolex quit using tritium in around 1999 and switched to luminova in 2000 for about one year- denoted by Swiss at the bottom of the dial. Since then they've used super luminove, denoted by 'Swiss Made' on the dial.

Thanks alli...Great info!!

I just compared the WM9 to my gen GMT and the color is identical: Greyish white. I'm not sure if this varies though... but my gen print is definitely greyish.

Noob dial being better than the WM9... I disagree. WM9 dial isn't perfect, but the dial print quality on WM9 is easily superior to any Rolex rep out there + the superluminova. You'll know when you see it in the flesh Chief... the print is exactly like the gen. Not saying the Noob dial isn't great... it definitely is, but WM9 wins (imho). :)

And you gotta compare it to the correct gen counterpart, which is the D-series. Gen left, rep right (rep pic is a bit larger). And there's variation in the gen "1" in 1000.

web.jpg

I just compared the WM9 to my gen GMT and the color is identical: Greyish white. I'm not sure if this varies though... but my gen print is definitely greyish.

This is what I'm looking for B-T...Thanks.

So, I have a wm9 v1 that I bought from an RWG member that is supposed to be (and I believe it is) a PT 1:1 sub. It has the flat S, bad lume dial. I also have a noob dial that I took off my old swiss movement noob sub. The lume is only slightly better on this dial (it still sucks), but the print is much whiter than the print on the wm9 dial.

The case on this particular watch was pretty bad when I got it. The top CG, for whatever reason, was much thicker than the bottom CG. I've done a lot of work on these including removing material from the outside of the top CG and re-polishing the side of the case. I also worked a lot on the rehaut which had a lot of marks that I was able to remove. The case looks pretty damn now and I want to send it to The Zigmeister for relume, but I need to know which dial is more accurate.

Is it your contention B-T that the v1 (flat S) wm9 dial has the more accurate dial font color?

I'd hate to spend the bucks to have Zig relume the noob dial only to find out the original dial was more accurate. It's really hard to tell from pictures, and I'd love to take both dials to an AD and compare, but since that's out of the question, I'm counting on the awesome membership here to help.

Thanks,

Mike

The Noob dial is definitely more accurate than the WM9 v1 dial. However, I loved the "Flat S". Personally, I would keep the WM9 dial just because of that. :) v1 has very decent dial, imho.

1.jpg