When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestions for a Brietling with bracelet

mwee

I have been on the this forum for close to 2 years now. Have bought and modded quite a few of the big names. IWC, Pam mostly though.

Recently, I have been thinking more and more of adding a Breitling to my collection. My collections is mostly leather and rubber straps. Would like to ask the Breitling experts here on a good recommendation. Criteroa on a nice bracelet and not too big!

I have read a bit and am really into the graphit dial brietlings. Any suggestion or wristshots wold be appreciated!

Thanks

Any suggestion or wristshots wold be appreciated!

BCE is a great candidate. Very good rep and a beautiful watch.

However, I love my Steelfish. Definitely an impressive watch and very high quality rep... if any of my watches ever gets any compliments it's this one. :)

wrist3.jpg

3.jpg

However, I love my Steelfish. Definitely an impressive watch and very high quality rep... if any of my watches ever gets any compliments it's this one. :)

By-Tor allow me to correct you....Steelfish is by far the best rep in my opinion out there! It deserves the compliments it receives ;)

So the BCE and Steelfish. Sorry but what does BCE stand for?

By-tor

the Steelfish looks good on your wrist. How big are your wrists and the watch?

Thanks man.

My wrist is '8 and I think the SFSO is 43mm (if I'm not mistaken). It's a bulky watch but not unbalanced. I think smaller wrists could handle it too.

Thanks man.

My wrist is '8 and I think the SFSO is 43mm (if I'm not mistaken). It's a bulky watch but not unbalanced. I think smaller wrists could handle it too.

My wrist is about 7". 43mm is a good size. My watches are 42mm and above.

Breitling Chronomat Evolution.

The others are pretty large (Skyland, Super Avenger, Bentley's, etc).

Thanks! Will go find out more.

I have a BCE with bracelet but prefer to wear it with a nice leather strap instead of the bracelet. On the whole I prefer bracelets, but somehow I find the SS BCE to look a bit cold with the extra SS of the bracelet. Also the bracelet adds extra weight compared to the strap.

Don't get me wrong, I love my BCE (slate dial), but for a Breitling with bracelet next time I would probably go two tone rather than straight SS. All of the two-tone Breitling watch-bracelet combinations (especially the BCE and Navitimer) are absolutely stunning showstoppers.

I think your top 3 options are or should be:

Chronomat Evolution (BCE)

SteelFish SuperOcean (SFSO)

Skyland (SA) not to be confused with the Super Avenger also SA but much larger in size

your wrist could handle any of these 3.

BCE

44 MM in size, case not very thick though so it wears a bit smaller than other 44MM watches

available in graphite or a slate grey face plus the usual Black, White, Blue

Polished: with the bracelet there is a showiness / bling factor.

Dressiest of the 3 watches Chronograph.

SteelFish

43MM or 44MM in size. Wears about the same as the BCE becuase it is slightly thicker.

The most accurate in terms of lack of flaws but not as complicated either as there is no chornograph.

Most reliable movement.

Brushed: no as flashy, or dressy as the others.

Only negative based on what you requested is that it does not offer a grey face: White, Blue or Black only.

Only 1 of the that I would trust in the water.

Skyland

44 or 45MM in size. Wears larger than the other 2 becuase it is so thick, tall on the wrist.

Probably the best bang for your buck in all of rep world right now. Highly accurate rep.

There is a grey option as well as a Black and Blue I believe.

Polished: like the BCE this is a showy watch but it is not as dressy becuase of the extra thickness.

Accuracy to gen: probably just behind the SFSO ahead of the BCE

Happy Hunting!

All 3 of these are winners you really cannot go wrong. 3 different looks.

My best guess is you will have all 3 soon enough.

Even the least accurate of the 3 (BCE) is more accurate than any PAM for the same amount of money in my opinion.

These Breitlings are the best of the best.

Strangley enough:

If I was rating on accuracy or recommending to others I would go: SFSO, SA, BCE

If I was rating on personal preferece, and yes I do own all 3: I would go: BCE, SA, SFSO

I greatly prefer the look of the BCE myself.

Cheers,

rogerthat

Strangley enough:

If I was rating on personal preferece, and yes I do own all 3: I would go: BCE, SA, SFSO

Cheers,

rogerthat

That's the priority i would also set to those watches (even though i own a BCE)! All three of them are gorgeous :good:

That's the priority i would also set to those watches (even though i own a BCE)! All three of them are gorgeous :good:

I tried on a gen Montbrillant Legende 2 tone...that was beautiful. Even though it's bigger than a Skyland, it's not as thick so it wasn't all that bad. It was beautiful.

I have no idea how the rep would be in person...but I think it looks pretty good in pictures.

Skyland (SA) not to be confused with the Super Avenger also SA but much larger in size

BCE

44 MM in size, case not very thick though so it wears a bit smaller than other 44MM watches

SteelFish

43MM or 44MM in size. Wears about the same as the BCE becuase it is slightly thicker.

The most accurate in terms of lack of flaws but not as complicated either as there is no chornograph.

Most reliable movement.

Only negative based on what you requested is that it does not offer a grey face: White, Blue or Black only.

Skyland

44 or 45MM in size. Wears larger than the other 2 becuase it is so thick, tall on the wrist.

Probably the best bang for your buck in all of rep world right now. Highly accurate rep.

Polished: like the BCE this is a showy watch but it is not as dressy becuase of the extra thickness.

Happy Hunting!

Even the least accurate of the 3 (BCE) is more accurate than any PAM for the same amount of money in my opinion.

Strangley enough:

Cheers,

rogerthat

Great summary of the 3 best breitling reps. I agree with every word, I have all 3, but the breitling rep I like most although I know it's not the most accurate in the blackbird.

Edited by yaron

I always thought the BCE two-tone is gorgeous. But I was bummed when I found out the new versions are bloody 44mm!

While I could tolerate a stainless steel sports chronograph (if you can call any Breitling that with the all-polished bands and all) in 44mm, I think in two-tone it's an overkill. Two-tone watch should always be "dressy" and wearable with a suit. Maybe I'm old fashioned but 44mm gold watch simply isn't right. Same with the Aquaracer Chrono Day-Date TT... the SS version is stunning but the TT looks UGLY and clumsy.

BCE

SteelFish

Most reliable movement.

Skyland

Happy Hunting!

Strangley enough:

Cheers,

rogerthat

Wow. Thanks! Really detailed recommendations. I find myself really attracted to the BCE with the slate grey dial. The dial just makes it really classy for a chrono.

Just a reminder of the BB.

IMG_2640.jpg

Hey, this is great too. How is the size for a 7" wrist? Also in terms of accuaracy to gen, how does it compare to other Breitling Reps. Does the Big Date feature work properly? Good idea. A Big Date. Never tried before.

I always thought the BCE two-tone is gorgeous. But I was bummed when I found out the new versions are bloody 44mm!

While I could tolerate a stainless steel sports chronograph (if you can call any Breitling that with the all-polished bands and all) in 44mm, I think in two-tone it's an overkill. Two-tone watch should always be "dressy" and wearable with a suit.

I agree BT but I have to say, my BCE TT wears small for its size. I don't like any Breitling on a band, either SS or TT. I wear my TT BCE on leather and my Steelfish on Rubber.

Too much with a band IMO...

breitlingttaeromarinech.jpg

breitlingttchronoevolut.jpg

Wow. Thanks! Really detailed recommendations. I find myself really attracted to the BCE with the slate grey dial. The dial just makes it really classy for a chrono.

Hey, this is great too. How is the size for a 7" wrist? Also in terms of accuaracy to gen, how does it compare to other Breitling Reps. Does the Big Date feature work properly? Good idea. A Big Date. Never tried before.

The blackbird SS bracelet is stunning and the watch looks very cool even on a small wrist. In terms of accuracy, it is less accurate than the BCE, skyland or SOSF. the flaws are: the date window little too big and the hour markers (little) too thin, but you notice it only when you compare side by side to the gen. There was an issue with a non centered pearl but later versions corrected it.