When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portofino Chrono - pic request

stj007

Don't have pics here to post, but i have seen up close all Portofino repeplica's: the black, the champagne, the gold dial and the white dial.

What I can say is that the black dial I certainly don't like. Because the blue color of the AR is a little bit too blue. Making the black dial look VERY BLUE from most angles. Even up close. If you really want black, then I would strongly suggest to remove the AR and get AR from Chief.

The gold dial I did not like. Looks way old fashioned.

The Champagne dial looks very classic.

I would prefer the white dial. Also with the blue-ish AR, this looks really young and modern, but still the IWC classic look.

Just my 2 cents

Don't have pics here to post, but i have seen up close all Portofino repeplica's: the black, the champagne, the gold dial and the white dial.

What I can say is that the black dial I certainly don't like. Because the blue color of the AR is a little bit too blue. Making the black dial look VERY BLUE from most angles. Even up close. If you really want black, then I would strongly suggest to remove the AR and get AR from Chief.

The gold dial I did not like. Looks way old fashioned.

The Champagne dial looks very classic.

I would prefer the white dial. Also with the blue-ish AR, this looks really young and modern, but still the IWC classic look.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the reply Hooky. But White dial does not exist like Gen, from what I know. Just black and silverish-goldish-from-point-of-view-changing-its-colour-thing :D , so I am still not sure about how is this dial compared to the Gen.

I have the black one and the blue AR is horrible, so I have it scheduled for the next Chief AR.

After Chiefs AR and swapping the day & date wheels for ETAs this watch would look awesome since the rep is pretty accurate. Only the pushers are slightly too big, but not noticeable when there's no gen too compare with.

I'll post some pics later this week when I have time.

• 1 year later...