When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Classique beauty by Breguet... some eyecandy

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

It's been a while since I posted something, hope you will enjoy these pics:

40109948.jpg

89058363.jpg

33664502.jpg

41096822.jpg

89235421.jpg

48181767.jpg

Just love the details of the dial:

60985005.jpg

23678568.jpg

25263316.jpg

Thanks for taking your time to check out these pics.

Beautiful!!! Enough is not devoted to classic dress watches. As a real movement freak they are a matter of great personal interest to me. Great photos and strap too.

Of course the most current Breguet model like this is the 5907 which has an exhibition back, but the closed back is a previous model. Is this one still 34-35MM? Also, one thing that bug me is the reps all put the reference number on the dial. I wish they would get that simple change down and just make them different than the case back. Breguet reference numbers should always be on the back of the case with the serial number on the dial...

Some similar gen models over the ages, which is why Breguet reps are so great - there are so many gens that it is impossible to keep up with unless you work for Antiquorum. That is what is so great about Breguet reps. These are all very similar with the same dial layout and slight differences to casebacks, etc.:

4507 - 50's

4805 - 60's & 80's

4519 - 90's

The closest version now is the 5907 as I said earlier...

5907ba_12_984.jpg

amidst all the so called "popular" brands that people go crazy over, Breguet will always have that pioneering character steeped with elegance and prestige.

hats off for the watch and the great pics. and yes the details on the dial is exquisite.

Asim

Guest Sql_pl
Beautiful!!! Enough is not devoted to classic dress watches. As a real movement freak they are a matter of great personal interest to me. Great photos and strap too.

Thanks for your kind word Robbie!

Also, one thing that bug me is the reps all put the reference number on the dial. I wish they would get that simple change down and just make them different than the case back. Breguet reference numbers should always be on the back of the case with the serial number on the dial...

:) :)

Well so maybe they did screw the dial... but I have to say the movement is not that bad, what do you think? :) :)

83131382.jpg

59834662.jpg

As well as some other tiny details :)

91159558.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks!

It is funny how we are so obsessed here that we try to find flaws even when someone posts gen watch.

It's not the first time I see it happening here.

Rep addicts nature I guess :)

Thanks for your kind word Robbie!

:) :)

Well so maybe they did screw the dial... but I have to say the movement is not that bad, what do you think? :) :)

83131382.jpg

59834662.jpg

As well as some other tiny details :)

91159558.jpg

Hahaha. No, I didn't mean to insinuate that about your watch. No rep ever has plated gold that looks that good! And Breguet doesn't always have both a serial and a reference number on the watches - although the most modern ones do now.

I just meant that if you notice, a lot of reps will put the reference number on the dial in place of the serial number which is kind of a tell of sorts. Can you tell us the history of your piece and how you came to it? You don't see this particular one much...

Guest Sql_pl

No problem. I noticed there is quite a number of good Breguet Classique reps so it is easy to be fooled this way or another.

Anyway this one is 100% gen. I think it is a model from early 90's.

Unfortunately it is a 30 mm ladies version.

Got it for very good money and intend to just flip it.

Definately a nice piece but too small even for my girlfriend.

Just as an aside, and many may not know this, but real guilloche is very rare. Breguet is one of the only manufactures to still do guilloche by hand. It's weird, but sometimes Breguet dials will look imperfect and I have heard people making the mistake of thinking gens are fakes because of the flaws in the dials.

Guilloche isn't one of my favorite looks anymore as sometimes I feel that the richness is lost since so many other companies are doing machine guilloche and it looks cheap. But one of the easiest ways to tell a gen Breguet dial is to look for the "imperfection" of hand guilloche. Look closely and you will see what I mean. You can use it in the future to instantly spot any Breguet rep...

No problem. I noticed there is quite a number of good Breguet Classique reps so it is easy to be fooled this way or another.

Anyway this one is 100% gen. I think it is a model from early 90's.

Unfortunately it is a 30 mm ladies version.

Got it for very good money and intend to just flip it.

Definately a nice piece but too small even for my girlfriend.

Ah, that is why. I tried to date it at Antiquorum just this minute and couldn't find it. That explains it - although I have been fooled by Breguet before as they have so many reference numbers.

Keeps in in perspective though for all. Look how big that 18K spacer ring is. That is one small Caliber. I can't read it - what Caliber is that. I would like to research it and see what other pieces it is used in. It is layed out very similar to the Caliber 510DR in the modern 5907.