When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 quick wrist-shots of my new Top Gun ceramic

MADRED7

Dear members,

yesterday I receoved my new IWC Top Gun ceramic.....was shipped in excellent time, save and sound.

As I unwrapped it, I had to pull off the strap emediately....it is stiff and minor quality (in my books).

The watch is light due to the ceramic case, titanium back, crown and pushers.

The overall appearance is great....allthough I have to get used to the size....I think it looks smaller than 44mm, but that can as well be just a trick of the black case.

Anyway....just 1 quick wristshot with an old REMREM velcro strap (I have this velcro for over 12 years now and sometimes it finds its way onto a watch :D )

Theo

topgun.jpg

ADDITION:

Found another strap I like on that watch

bild0172.jpg

You need to buy a sticky ball for opening/closing watch case backs, or you could try bunching up some tape on the case back :)

Cheers! B)

Thx for that advice....but I just ordered a new caseback-opener ... acomplete set with 12 pins in a wooden box....that should do the trick.

Theo

Great strap Theo !!.. now I know what you meant when you said "Thick"!

I opened my case back with my thumbs.. you should be able to if its not totally closed.. be careful.. the threading is very sharp.. meaning it needs work for it to be aligned properly.. I used silicone gasket sealer to allow it to slide easier through the theads when closing it. It took few times to get it seated correctly, that's probably why it's not closed all the way.. it's not seated properly.

fyi the movement just pops out, the screw tabs are just attached to the spacer.. I kinda like it .. convenient to remove and reapply !

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

fyi the movement just pops out, the screw tabs are just attached to the spacer.. I kinda like it .. convenient to remove and reapply !

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Is there anyway you could secure it with tabs and screws? I would not like the idea that it is just loose inside the case like that :o

After all, the small movements that the dial/movements would make while inside the case, would result in more particles moving around inside where they are not wanted, no?

Cheers! B)

Is there anyway you could secure it with tabs and screws? I would not like the idea that it is just loose inside the case like that :o

After all, the small movements that the dial/movements would make while inside the case, would result in more particles moving around inside where they are not wanted, no?

Cheers! B)

I need to clarify.. sorry,... it is not "loose" the screws are attatched to the spacer which is snug against the case.. instead of unscrewing the tabs after the crown/stem is removed with a little maipulating the spacer and movement can be removed as one.. the movement is attatched to the spacer by the screw tabs.

It is like this on all the pilot's .. the whole dial/movement and spacer needs to be reinserted by slipping the stem side in first then gently maipulating the rest of the dial/movement into the case... if it was a an issue that would become problematic I'm sure it would of been noted long ago by the experts here.

Cheers! :)