When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera Acquisition

b16a2

Well it seems that I have been firmly bitten by the Tag Heuer bug! I completely agree with By-tor, that whilst some brands are struggling with new ideas, Tag is stepping forward with new designs that are novel, yet beautiful!

The Carrera is my favourite of the Tag Heuer collection. I have always wanted the Black with white subdial rings, but the 'fat rings' is one flaw I couldn't live with. After seeing a few pictures of the different dial variations, and finding out that the silver dial comes with the correct subdial rings (figure that one out!?) I opted for the silver dial.

I have put it on a cheap rubber strap temporarily because I can't resize the bracelet of the Carrera (thanks to the UPO breaking my link removal tool grrr..)

I am going to get the datewheel swapped over this week, and then I will present to the forum a comprehensive review of this particular model....which I feel is seriosly underrepresented, and cast away in favour the usual Carrera Racing, and the standard black dial variations......lets see if we can change that :)

Of course, it was purchased from none other than Watchmark....a great dealer!

I am now on a Tag Heuer frenzy, so for those who have Tag Heuers, lets see them, and hear your opinions on the brand!

04032009342.jpg

04032009343.jpg

04032009341.jpg

The Carrera line is beautiful for sure. Nice piece!

I have to agree that the Carrera line is looking good.

It is a very reliable timepiece with great chrono functions(not that i ever use them anyway!!!)

I especially like the ss bracelet,it has a sturdy and beautiful design and the open back case

which allows to view the mvt.Heavy...and although it is not COSC certified i have to say that it

keeps great time.I like best the two tone/white dial one but i got the black ss cause i wanted

a more sportive look.

The only thing that i dislike is that the crown is completely unprotected,since it is not a screw in crown

and is prone to an easily damage.

Photo001-1.jpg

Photo002.jpg

Definitely a keeper... :1a:

John

hows the AR on this one?

There isn't any as per the gen. Only the new CV2 (day/date) comes with AR

I have to agree that the Carrera line is looking good.

It is a very reliable timepiece with great chrono functions(not that i ever use them anyway!!!)

I especially like the ss bracelet,it has a sturdy and beautiful design and the open back case

which allows to view the mvt.Heavy...and although it is not COSC certified i have to say that it

keeps great time.I like best the two tone/white dial one but i got the black ss cause i wanted

a more sportive look.

The only thing that i dislike is that the crown is completely unprotected,since it is not a screw in crown

and is prone to an easily damage.

John....lovely gen there! That's the version that caught my eye all those years ago!

There isn't any as per the gen. Only the new CV2 (day/date) comes with AR

Absolutely true there b16

John....lovely gen there! That's the version that caught my eye all those years ago!

Thanks mate...yes i got to i agree that it is lovely.Enjoy yours mate and wear it in good health my friend

WOW!! Amazing watch!! That is the watch I was looking for.

I'm a regular customer of Andrew (Trustytime) and I'm not sure if he has the same version:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1316

Mainly, my question is about the dial: b16a2, do you have a silver metallic or white dial?

thanks

I am not sure but those rings still seem too 'fat" for me.... or not ?

It might be the colour contrast of the black on silver. On the black dial rep, there is a clear gap between the large ticks on the subdials, and either side of the subdial ring, on this dial, there isn't.

WOW!! Amazing watch!! That is the watch I was looking for.

I'm a regular customer of Andrew (Trustytime) and I'm not sure if he has the same version:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=1316

Mainly, my question is about the dial: b16a2, do you have a silver metallic or white dial?

thanks

I think it's the same version as mine here. It's actually a slightly silvery dial, which gives of a radiant effect when in the sunlight (very hard to capture.

It has the same effect as my Glashutte, you can see there are like little lines extending out from the centre to the outter part of the dial.

P1000413.jpg